Removal of $1 Reserve Auction.

pugmyre, Apr 11, 11:32pm
A Honda Sports Car, no reg, had a $1 Reserve, got 3 bids up to $2-00.In fairness to the owner we gave an opening bid of $500-00 with 11 days to go it disappears.Trade me sends us notification that it did not sell, ask owner to realist or for a fixed price offer.This is Bull Shit, we would've bid much more.Reserve met auctions should stay in the system until sold.We know that Kazbanz and company do this why not everyone else.Change the rules TM.

jsbike, Apr 11, 11:34pm
trade me have rules. thay just dont care as long as they get their money.

crzyhrse, Apr 11, 11:40pm
Did they get their listing fee! A withdrawal fee! They don't care.

pugmyre, Apr 12, 12:15am
Obviously you are correct.But this is just happening far to much and these are supposed to be law abiding auctions.It's just become a joke.

crzyhrse, Apr 12, 12:52am
Not for long if Turners get their way and the CGA is changed to include 'competitive online bidding processes'. which is looking very likely indeed.

a18a, Apr 12, 1:59am
They didn't get a success fee (which would be more than a withdrawal fee) so maybe they should :)

elvis58, Apr 12, 2:04am
But they do get a listing fee up front and that was the start of all the problems with this format.People list a vehicle at $1 reserve and state that it's listed elsewhere and maybe withdrawn. No problem with anyone making use of all media but removing anything when it's selling sucks!

crzyhrse, Apr 12, 2:08am
Do they not get their success fee immediately it has hit reserve! If not, I'm sure that will be revised shortly!

carstauranga001, Apr 12, 2:33am
--Heres the reality. I do so because of the protection from comeback selling by auction offers me when disposing of unwanted trades.[/quote]

Me too mate, sick of the public wanting their money back if something breaks on a cheapy. We should be able to reach an agreement in writing that a car is as is, but by law can't contract out so when it does go pear shaped the formerly happy customer becomes an expert on the CGA and threatens legal action. So what will we do when the rules change. I recon old trades will be worthless.

crzyhrse, Apr 12, 2:44am
Yep. But at least Turners will get their cut, eh!

crzyhrse, Apr 12, 2:58am
I'll help you dig the holes!

pugmyre, Oct 21, 9:51pm
Hey kaz.At least we can reply that the auctions you present, the public are well aware of what they are bidding on and the terms and conditions that you expect at the end of the auction.There is no hidden surprises.