West Auckland WOF - where to go?

Page 2 / 2
motorway, Apr 9, 8:19pm
The only tools my WOF man uses are a pen and a bottle opener.

rkauto, Apr 9, 10:51pm
Are you sure he would be AVI.I have 2 guys going through it now .They both qualified .The requirements are quite tough on none qualified people getting wof ticket,need to be in trade at least 5 years and have to prove capable.also need references from employers etc

franc123, Apr 9, 10:58pm
That was my understanding too, that is what the prerequisites were when I did mine.It has been rumoured that a certain nationwide inspection chain has been putting employees through some NZQA approved "crash course" and then getting them put through NZTA's AVI test, all in a matter of weeks, does anyone have any foundation to that!

trogedon, Apr 10, 6:12am
My friend used to take his Lada there. It is safe (ish) to drive but doesn??

autocars1, Oct 16, 11:56am
You are pushing shite up hill they are all hard as nails but there are some that can help you unlike VTNZ etc. I go to Junction Motors in Portage road and I find them really accomodating, you can actually talk to them. Sometimes they get me but most times they are pretty good.best to stick to the rules as it's for your's and the customers safety in the long run. I appreciate them telling me before they work on the cars though.