If you put a car on auction and reserved is met

brokebloke1, Mar 28, 12:31am
but you have the car advertised elsewhere, and the car is sold thru this.
Are you legally allowed to withdraw the auction! even if you put that you have "car advertised elsewhere" in the auction notice.

woki, Mar 28, 12:38am
Reserve being met . The top bidder is the new owner !

texastwo, Mar 28, 1:09am
If the car had the reserve met before you actually sold elsewhere that person who bid is the rightfull new owner of the car. You may face legal action (and be banned from TM) if you dont let them have it. However if youcan prove that somebody else bought it before the bidder actually bid then just email and tell them sorry its gone. Be prepared for anger tho.

pollymay, Mar 28, 1:50am
Was there a buy now on your auction!

elvis58, Mar 28, 2:06am
Happens all the time on here, won't ever buy a vehicle on here unless it has a buy now listed. The volume of car auctions that get pulled prior to their actual expiry must be horrendous, the $1 reserve stuff should be called a" interest gatheringpreview" to the real sale!Then we have dealers who list their wares under private names, what's with that!

jcwholesale, Mar 28, 2:48am
If the auction has met reserve the buy now disappears.

I am a dealer, my $1.00 reserve auctions go full term, and how terrible that a dealer goes under a private name, you would hate to buy one cheaper than off the public, plus have some recourse, wouldn't you. Shakes my head.

socram, Mar 28, 2:55am
Your choice - of course - but if selling a classic for example, where prices vary dramatically for outwardly similar cars, I'd never put on a buy now.If it is a recent popular car, then you can go by the 'book price' .Not bidding for something without a "buy now", the only person who may miss out is yourself!

Don't overlook that it is an auction site and in a live auction, until the item reaches reserve, you have no idea what the seller wants.

Why not use TM as a fishing expedition!I have done it several times and it has proved very useful. Don't forget the seller still has to front up with the listing fee.

elvis58, Mar 28, 3:08am
There is the problem, as soon as the listing fee is paid TM are happy to let all the under handed dealings go on and do nothing. It would be great to be able to pull up stats on what volume of these auctions are withdrawn, just from the complaints on this message board i bet it's huge.

socram, Mar 28, 3:25am
Maybe elvis, but listing on TM is not an exclusive and nor should it be. Sellers have the right to list or advertise anywhere they want.Do the dealers refuse a sale at the yard because they also have it on TM!I think not. There is bound to be a delay, even if it is only minutes, between accepting the cash and cancelling.

I appreciate the point but at the end of the day it comes down to who fronts up with the cash first and the seller's description of honesty - and probably timing.I listed my classic on here for 10 months and had thousands of watchers and tyre kickers but sold it away from TM and then withdrew the listing - but it had never ever reached reserve.Sold on a handshake in the morning collected the cash on delivery later that day then cancelled the listing.How else should it have been done!

elvis58, Sep 3, 3:11am
I agree with you, it's the ones that have met reserve, especially the $1 reserve ones that are constantly breaching TM's rules and are allowed to do so simply because they have been paid upfront. People can make a small statement here and get banned yet traders can list a car with $1 reserve and state "open to offers or swaps and"this is not my reserve" and these auctions go by all the time.