How long does it take you to source parts?

boss_hogg, Mar 26, 5:18am
Had a tourist smack into me doing quite a bit of damage to my car. got it towed and it's now been almost 3 weeks since the accident. went in today to see with my own eyes and they still haven't got all the parts! was in the paint shop though, although the guy working on it told me he'd only recieved it from the panel repair part 2 hrs earlier. Been told it should be ready next Fri.

Sigh.

jezz43, Mar 26, 7:13am
what sort of vehicle!

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:32am
Must be something special

boss_hogg, Mar 26, 7:49am
2004 Adventura. They told me it took a week to get the arse sessor's approval another week to get parts, some of them were the wrong parts so had to get more. have now been told it'll be a week to paint and finish. Seems really slow to me. I mean its just a bloody holden.

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:54am
Give it time, hopefully you have a loan car!

p_rock, Mar 26, 7:56am
If you had a cheap jap, they could source it same day from pick-a-part, lol.

franc123, Mar 26, 7:57am
Yeah it might just be a "bloody Holden" but its not a common variant is it, if it was one of the more volume selling variants like an Exec or Acclaim etc things might move a bit faster. Depending on what you damaged, rest assured most of it would have to come from Oz, Holden NZ would probably stock bugger all smash repair parts, and all sorts of delays and even mistakes are possible if spares have to be procured from all over the place.
Lol yeah be pleased you don't own a Swift, the above posters experience isn't uncommon either.

boss_hogg, Mar 26, 7:59am
no loan car, asked again today, allbooked out for 3 weeks. have to borrow cars from family and do lots of walking. First time Ive had a major repair done so i guess i'm learning.

cheers guys
bruce

boss_hogg, Mar 26, 8:03am
she crashed into the front RHS just missing the head light, smashed the wheel and all suspension. when looking at it today i could see they'd replaced a lot. all the damage was RHS from headlight to drivers door.

johnf_456, Mar 26, 8:05am
Tried contacting your insurance company about it, they may pay for a car. You pay a lot for insurance so why not give them a call. All the best.

lovemore_mbigi, Mar 26, 5:58pm
A wee mint 1981 Ford Laser was back on the road looking as good as new in four days after a clumsy twat reversed into its drivers door.

Oldies are goodies it seems.

jezz43, Mar 26, 6:05pm
i had a honda logo done in 3 days, the whole front sub chassis was ripped out after some dropkick reversed out a driveway right infront of me, had no room to stop and went over a traffic island, they did an awesome job and it only cost $350

lookoutas, Aug 28, 11:52pm
First point - sometimes it can take Insurance Co's up to 4 weeks to give a go-ahead, and we tell customers to chase them. (The squeaky wheel job).
Parts from overseas take as long as they say. Whatever that might be - 1 to 2 weeks from Ozz, US or Japan.
Wrong parts are normal, and a week to paint isn't unreasonable.
Loan cars are supplied by people who need to buy your work. There's an option available in all policies that will provide you with a rental car, hence if it's so important that you can't survive without your car, pay the extra premium to cover this and don't expect others to prop you up. If you haven't ticked that box and paid extra, don't waste your time asking the Ins Co.
We do lend out our workshop runabout on certain occasions, and it has just been lentto a corner store owner for a week - it had half a tank of gas and it came back empty.