Auction 456643354

ayjay1, Mar 26, 6:35pm
What are your thoughts on the suitability of this car for a young female student.
Are there any serious negatives with this model!

ayjay1, Mar 26, 6:47pm
Yep thats the one. Thanks

morrisman1, Mar 26, 6:58pm
good as gold. Tyres will cost a little more due to those ugly rims but you could always sell them and put standard ones back on, they will make it ride nicer too.

I have heard that the timing chains in these engines are susceptible to stretching. Not an issue at such a low milage. I tried to get some front hubs for one of those and the wrecker said they sell pretty quick, perhaps the wheel bearings are not as good, they are the sealed type.

Id say go for it.

spongefrisk, Mar 26, 11:33pm
She might get a hard time about the vehicle name.!

mugenb20b, Mar 26, 11:37pm
Just drove one today. Fantastic little car, drives well, CVT works a treat (although, I suspect the one you are looking at is a standard auto), nice interior, but, a lot of road noise coming from the rear of the car, and I'm not sure how good the Neo engine is (in some models).

ringo2, Mar 26, 11:57pm
For that money I am positive that Jazz will be able to find you a VW or Fiat that will be far superior and better buying.

jenny188, Mar 27, 3:58am
1500 cc! Might be worth a second look, I've only come across 18oo and the 2 liter models. But I arn't an expert. Drove a dozen of them between Christchurch and Picton for rental car operators. They were meant to fill the gap in Nissan when the Bluebirds were phased out.Average to drive but a bit tight for large people, seat could have had an extra notch back. Reliable motors.

phillip.weston, Mar 27, 4:15am
I think they are a boring sh*tbox and even though it's done low kms I think it's over-priced considering what little features they actually have. $8k should be buying you something a few years newer with at least side air bags, stability control, brake assist and EBD etc etc.

ayjay1, Mar 27, 7:02am
Thanks for your comments.

jason18, Mar 27, 7:05am
Thats not a neo engine But as Phil said you can buy better for that money.