Dodge Caliber

justine97, May 10, 4:39am
Has anyone bought a Dodge before!Are they good cars!Are they expensive to maintain, are parts/service places easily available!
I really like the Dodge Calibers, but am a bit nervous about buying something unknown.Any advice!

mugenb20b, May 10, 7:57am
Hell no!

mugenb20b, May 10, 7:58am
Who knows.but being a Chrysler product.don't know.

mugenb20b, May 10, 7:59am
More than likely, and they are thirsty.

mugenb20b, May 10, 8:00am
I would say so, there's lots of Chryslers on NZ roads.

mugenb20b, May 10, 8:00am
I don't.

mugenb20b, May 10, 8:02am
Take one for a drive and see if you like it. Personally, I'd be looking at something else, maybe a Honda CRV, Hyundai SantaFe diesel, Mazda CX7, Toyota Rav 4, etc.

phillip.weston, May 10, 9:15am
cheap plastic American rubbish. Look elsewhere.

andy61, May 10, 9:24am
They look so UGLY!

justine97, May 10, 9:26am
Mugenb20b - epic answering skills:)
Cheers for the advice.

donz01, May 10, 9:35am
Keep away from the Santa Fe. A workmate bought 1 with around 100,000km on it then 1 day out of the blue auto died big time. Try 22,000 to replace it with a new one. eventually he got one for around 5,000.

mugenb20b, May 10, 10:10am
I was reffering to the latest shape, 2010 +

edangus, May 10, 10:18am
Nasty people dissing Dodges!

Justine, I have a Nitro. All I can say is.they are built for American roads. they don't play well in the wet, the ESP is far too intrusive. Parts take too long to get here (and are rather pricey). Interior is rubbish (excluding the actual seats) Thirsty pig too!

I would not be recommending another one, but it Tows so well & it can haul some serious weight.

cjohnw, May 10, 10:24am
Once had the loan of a Dodge Journey from a dealer over a weekend as we were considering buying one.
Took it back on Monday morning and said "we will let you know, don't call us, we will call you".
Enough said.

tgray, May 10, 7:22pm
The only good american cars are their 'sports' cars, because they have had so long to get them right.
corvette since the 50's and camaro since the 60's.
I can't think of a single USA car other than these, I would buy.
(happy camaro owner for many years).

gypsypom, Oct 14, 4:15am
for those that don't know, the dodge caliber is the jeep compass with different cloths on, and a crappy interior

chebry, Oct 14, 4:32am
The new Camaro is actually Australian Why! practice obviously ,The HQ Holden was built on a Camaro platform using Holden powertrains the new one is a Commodore in a US sports car suit, Aussie cars go around corners well and Chevrolet makes a good powertrain. American car! google would like you,

joecach, Oct 16, 5:05am
I've got a dodge caliber.
Love it and value for money.
Fast, economical (does 7.2 litre per 100 Kms), spacious and solid on the road. Took it on the gravel road near Stratford and it's great. Especially with the high ground clearance. I bought a brand new one and don't expect any part/s replacement in the near future (at least 7 years). I knew someone in the US who got a caliber and never had anything wrong with it in the 7 years owning it. Only regular maintenance. Recommended engine oil is fully synthetic which is about $75.
I have read the other feedbacks here and obviously they don't know anything about the Dodge Caliber. They say its thirsty--- not even! My Lancer VRX was actually thirstier than the caliber.
It's funny how some people will put a feedback here and they'll say -- I don't know!
Take one for a test drive and judge it yourself!

edangus, Oct 16, 5:17am
To update. Nitro gone. Now in 300C SRT - Love it. Now to find a ute as my spare.

filihero, Oct 16, 6:48am
Nice one! Another Chrysler.