First reddie in years-yep it was a VW

kazbanz, Apr 2, 8:44pm
I haven't had a bad rep inyears. Everybody as happy as larry with how the stuff is described.
I auction the first darned piece of eurotrash (98 VW Golf 1800) andbahdabingbad rep.
Go figure--darn thing was daily driver for the owner.Loaned to my parents for two weeks then test driven by at least 10 people during the auction. 100km later and its sqatted.
Maybee its because Im an expat pom and theres a hatred for german stuff that rubs off.

socram, Apr 2, 8:54pm
Sh*t happens. Best pal in the UK was a grade one police driver, with an immaculate Jag.Wife is now confined to a wheelchair so he traded in the mint Jag he'd had for years for a van type vehicle.
Following day, Jag rear end spat the dummy.Not his fault, but the dealer just wore it with a philiosophical shrug.My pal is now the local Mayor.

Don't worry kaz.VW could have failed after 10k or 10,000k. Who would know!Tough on the buyer, but that is cars.

kazbanz, Apr 2, 9:05pm
Thanks socram. It'll be interesting to see if the buyer accepts my request to let me know what went wrong.

saxman99, Apr 2, 10:14pm
Kaz, you're a reputable dealer.It is well-known on here that you hate VW with unbridled passion equal only to that which Jazz loves them.

You clearly don't believe in the product, as a reputable dealer why sell them!

kazbanz, Apr 2, 10:16pm
it was a tm as is where is auction. Yep I dislike them that much I wont retail them

moosie_21, Apr 3, 5:47am
It says on here your only red face is from "ENCHANTICA WRATH OF THE ICE SORCERER- ANDREW BILL". Need to tell us something Kaz! :P

thejazzpianoma, Apr 3, 7:14am
Kaz. clearly these European cars are not doing your mental health any good. How about next time you have one of these horrible festering sores of automobiles on your hands you give me a call.

I will do my utmost to drop everything, rush up to Auckland and take it several hundred kilometers from your presence. best of all. I will do it for free. But only because you are such a good sort and deserve a break.

gammelvind, Apr 3, 7:29am
Now there's an offer Kaz

rovercitroen, Apr 3, 7:57am
The green Golf! It looked really nice. Just bad luck I suppose.

kazbanz, Apr 3, 8:31am
nahh monon the trade account.

rpvr, Apr 4, 4:31am
There as nothing wrong with VWs until they went from air cooled to water cooled.

ema1, Apr 4, 5:14am
Having worked with and had lots to do with driving big mileages in the AIR COOLED Beetles and derivatives. I'd be inclined to agree.
Volkswagontranslation from German = Folks Car was the truest concept originally formulated with the average and even below average earner in Germany pre WW2 in mind to be able to afford to own, albeit on time payment in lots of cases for the German populace at that time. Unfortunately WW2 intervened but VW Military vehicles proved their worth in the ravages of war, particularly in North Africa and other scorching hot places where water was at a premium or in lots of places non existent.
They were a roaring success due to WW2 reputation and the fact that the Yank GI's loved them immensely so much so that they got Wolfsburg VW plant up and running again with USA & British funding etc eventually world wide they continued on for decades with ongoing improvements on basically the unmistakeable style design that lasted right up to their recent demise about 25 or so years ago. Got to remember that distinctive shape came into being in late 1937 early 1938!
Even the Mexican and Brazilian examples of the original Beetles and Kombi's were sought after way after Wolfsburg stopped production.
Still lots of the AIR COOLED beetles about actually worldwide and daresay quite likely will outlast any of their recent water cooled offerings .