Driver's seat.-.

ottoitis, Apr 12, 4:12am
adjustment lever on Ford Fairmont '94 sedan doesn't shift forward to drop height. Please share your knowledge, thank you.

quickstitch, Apr 12, 4:42am
some one has had it off and not put it on in the right position, they can be a bit of a mission to get right. is it pointing up at a 45 deg angle !.

ottoitis, Apr 12, 5:17am
It is as you said, 45 degrees. I then pull it backwards and it moved, but won't shift forward!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 12:28am
Wow. Really muddled posts.

bellky, Apr 13, 12:33am
Isn't there a lever under the front of the seat to shift it forward!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:10am

ottoitis, Apr 13, 1:27am
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Lever on right hand side driver's seat for high/low adjustment. Lever is now stuck on upright position. Can't shift lever forward to lower seat.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:33am
Remove the seat. It's only 4 bolts. Then you'll have access to the mechanism to see what's wrong.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:36am
Oh, and I think that lever is base tilt, not height.

bellky, Apr 13, 1:52am
I get you now. There is a little knob with a piture of a seat on it. You must pull that knob out to extend the arm and it also disengages the ratchet. Then you can lower the seat.

bellky, Apr 13, 2:16am
Height.

ottoitis, Apr 13, 9:16am
Yes, knob extends but cannot push it forward, suspect ratchet locking somewhere. Lever similar to post #13.

ottoitis, Apr 13, 8:38pm
An update, lever now all ok. I pulled on lever, it extends, then stops, but, with an extra pressure in pulling it up again, it extends more for lever to be able to being pushed forward/backwards to raise/lower seat. Thank you all.