Fuse keeps blowing

s.patete, Jul 13, 4:36am
Something is constantly blowing my reverse lights fuse in my EL Falcon.I cant seem to pin point when it does it and theres no clear pattern.It has started since I changed the head unit from a non OE unit to another non OE unit.Im guessing Ive done something to the wiring when doing this but unsure what as it was a pretty straight forward swap.I also upgraded the front door speakers and added subs but the amp was already there.Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

mark.woods, Jul 13, 4:46am
Does the new unit have a backlit display that only comes on when you turn your headlights on!

s.patete, Jul 13, 4:48am
No dont think so, if stereo is on its lit up regardless of lights.

marmatt, Jul 13, 4:49am
dont think you need reverse lights for a wof!

s.patete, Jul 13, 5:06am
No but air bag or abs (cant remember and too wet and cold to go look) comes on to let me know something is wrong, that unfortunately is a fail.Not too worried bout wof as just got one over the last 2 days but went through 4 fuses in the process.

antwerp87, Jul 13, 5:12am
check your reverse wiring for high resistance. You may have adgitated (sorry about spelling) the reverse switch pulling something off when installing your head unit. that will twll you whats going on

intrade, Jul 13, 5:21am
if a fuse blows and you turn on your brain you come to 1 conclusion . there is abviously a short lol. i had a fuse pop for reverse on my 88 safari. unfortunately that fuse was also the fuse for the engine . the electrition has found the reverse light switch had a short and removed it. its not required for a wof or was not in the mid 90s so that be the first thing i would unplug

johnf_456, Jul 13, 5:29am
Check the headunit wiring again, Especially the earth connections.

bigfatmat1, Jul 13, 5:39am
the airbag units can fail causing a short prick to change. unplug it and see if short disapearstop rh side of dash blue box normally

johanes, Jul 13, 8:30am
unplug the head unit and use car a bit and see if ok. if it is you have wired it wrong

swfc1867, Jul 14, 12:26am
I had the exact same thing happen to my Mk5 wagon years back. took the autosparkie a day and a half to figure it out.

poppajn, Sep 11, 3:12am
If they are fitted, they must work.