Detroit 6V53N parts

planted4u, Jun 19, 3:18am
Other than trans diesel, where in NZ would I go to get aftermarket gaskets and inframe rebuild kits from!

horsygirl, Jun 19, 3:22am
Try Euro Marketing Auckland.

horsygirl, Jun 19, 3:24am
and remember its a sound.not a noise.

sas777, Jun 19, 3:47am
Try Global Diesel in Christchurch, they are really clued up even on older stuff.
The above is correct, it's all about the sound. I'm currently in Newman, the mining town in WA. At the museum here is a neglected 1969 Wabco dumper, powered by a - wait for it -16V92.
I want to hear it running!

planted4u, Jun 19, 4:00am
Tried them but they have nothing. Thanks.

planted4u, Jun 19, 4:01am
Have emailed them (Friday) but no reply as yet. Thanks

carclan, Jun 19, 6:08am
Look for a Korody-Colyerdealer as they do really good quality Detroit parts a Transmissions and Diesels was once thier agent.

kiki_cadaver, Jun 19, 6:44am
Get hold of a Cam magazine and have a look through, there's a few places advertising Detroit parts.

planted4u, Jun 19, 7:20am
Thanks will do. Just had a look online at the advertisers but unfortunatly they dont tell you what they are avertising just the company name. I will have to buy the mag. Thanks

planted4u, Jun 19, 7:23am
Google dosent seem to be able to find them.

carclan, Jun 19, 8:10am
They were one of the biggest suppliers of aftermarket Detroit parts when I was an apprentice

pugsley98, Jun 19, 8:42am
Check this 24v71 detroit with 128-71 blowers running on nitrous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=m48vyc5beNg

boat3, Jun 19, 9:28am
try kmp,in the mount,dont know if they do much 2 stroke stuff anymore,or euromarketing,i think they still do parts for detroits.

sas777, Jun 19, 9:49am
Coooooooooooooooooool !

treachug, Jun 19, 10:19am
Many many years ago we bought an in-frame kit for 6-71 from Vapormatic. No listing via them on website but still worth a try! Or else head off shore.maybe cheaper and/or only option!

pieman33h, Jun 19, 2:28pm
give hayden at mobile mechanical in hamilton a call, he rebuilds the detroits and is a detroit fanatic, he will be able to point you in the right direction

planted4u, Jun 21, 8:04pm
I would like to be able to buy the parts that I need here in NZ however, the best price I can get is close on 6k. I will order the parts from the US and including freight ($659US), GST, and all associated cost's the total price is 2.8K. NZ businesses need to start to realise that they are now competing on a global scale.

m16d, Jun 21, 9:29pm
Hey 777 is there a museum at Newman worth looking at. I'm on a camper trip up the west in August and looking for things to do.
I was in Hedland in 69 and probably have a photo of that Wabco, brand new coming off the boat.

sas777, Jun 22, 1:32am
m16d
The museum at Newman is a pretty small affair, an open-air collection of old gear like steam pumps and electric winches. There's an old crane too. That Wabco dumper is claimed to be the first big machine in the Pilbarra, that's why they kept it. It's about the size of a CAT 769, well smaller actually. Entry to the compound is free, right next to the information centre. It's neglected now, been there since 1994 and hardly touched. Outside the centre is something much more interesting though, a 6 wheel dumper - Wabco Haulpak - can haul 260 tonnes.
North of Newman people rave about Karijini National Park, and to the south check out Meekatharra for more old machinery.
On the coast heading north check out the H. Holt communications centre just north of Exmouth, the dishes are over 1000 feet high while at Carnarvon you can find the remains of the Apollo mission tracking station.

Camping is reasonably priced at Newman.
Would love to see your Port Hedland photo