So Long Old Workshop

gizmsme, Aug 1, 8:09am
Not a great position to be in no matter how you look at it.Did you get a reply from Jack yet!

philltauranga, Aug 1, 8:14am
Time to go mobile! Get a big van jam the tools in based from home mobile mechanic!

zephyrheaven, Aug 1, 8:16am
Nah mate, better ring the old bugger 8)

zephyrheaven, Aug 1, 8:16am
Im 35 mate, I dont crawl around under cars anymore - there is a reason I have 4 hoists lol. (laziness being the main one)

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 8:31am
You over the hill old coot!

jkm, Aug 1, 8:38am
Almost too young to be a Zepher fan!

carmedic, Aug 1, 8:40am
Dito I'm 90% workshop based theses days and I have a couple of years on you Zeph you must be soft or maybe just cold!

bazza102, Aug 1, 8:43am
great to see you survived start up and quake . future problems will just be another oppurtunity for you. have you managed to get back to 4wks hols now you captain

gizmsme, Aug 1, 8:44am
Be a good idea.I have my VK regal grazing up there.He's been up and about recently.Drop me mail if you need contact details or anything else.

zephyrheaven, Aug 1, 8:46am
Holidays! Ha I had to wikipedia that one

Nah mate, dont have the kind of apprentice I can just leave on site while I sit on a beach in Fiji or whatever
Been about 10 years since I had a proper holiday, I keep telling myself to employ the right person & that might happen - fingers crossed

zephyrheaven, Aug 1, 8:46am
Sweet cheers mate !

zephyrheaven, Aug 1, 8:47am
Both!

bazza102, Aug 1, 9:04am
you must have been last top apprentice. luck u and tools took that bathurst trip

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 9:12am
It makes all the difference. I was lucky, my first employee was by far and away the best one I had. He was a young fella (21 when I hired him) but hehad initiative in spades. I could shoot off to OZ on holiday or whatever and leave him in charge of the others and not give work a second thought.

Great sense of humour and fun but still a very hard worker too.

Hard to find people like that though.

pge, Aug 1, 9:26am
Sad times, zeph.

When I called on you in Sept. 2010, things were looking-up, and you appeared to be swinging along, with plenty of work in the shop.

Did you ever get that Mk111 restored!

We feel for you guys down there, you have had one Hell of a rough time.
Wifey and I were down in March, the place has NO resemblence to the Chch we knew.

zephyrheaven, Aug 2, 6:29am
Cheers pge. Has been a strange year - seems like every time the bloke with more chins than the shanghai white pages makes an announcement the town goes cold for a few weeks.

Not sure if we will last here , but where we have been aint worth going back to IMHO

Shame Im not still 25 & only have a Mk3 Zed car to worry about some days, but we are better off than some

grangies, Aug 2, 6:40am
Damn nice clean looking shop setup, even with the mud.

trogedon, Aug 2, 6:48am
zephyrheaven wrote:
Cheers pge. Has been a strange year - seems like every time the bloke with more chins than the shanghai white pages

Great line.I'm going to use it again.

zephyrheaven, Aug 2, 6:51am
Cheers, was a bit of a hovel when I signed the cheque but with mates & some paint we had it looking good - all those saturdays I spent cleaning & painting oh dear
Onward & upward I reckon