The Monaro that was on the Rena

Page 2 / 4
mizzip, Jul 25, 11:23pm

attitudedesignz, Jul 25, 11:24pm
Makes sense that does.

attitudedesignz, Jul 25, 11:25pm
There ya go.now where are the GTS guard flutes gone!

mizzip, Jul 25, 11:28pm
Interesting. theres a forking great hole there. maybe a shark bit it LOL.

mizzip, Jul 25, 11:30pm
Oh. the other car was a Mustang. good ol' Google

pdc1, Jul 25, 11:33pm
I wonder if it is going to fit in the scrap metal bin behind.

mizzip, Jul 25, 11:53pm
What if. the owner of the vehicle took a momento away!It looks cut out, not punctured.

bent_ate, Jul 26, 1:30am
If it were a Ford it wouldve been sweet, new gas in the tank, change the plugs an oil, she'd fire right up

mopsy3, Jul 26, 1:52am
where's the glass then!

mopsy3, Jul 26, 1:54am
Ofcourse, hence the missing glass! Didnt think of that.

richardmayes, Jul 26, 1:59am
Those Monaros are not my thing at all, but it's always sad to see any irreplacable old machine come to an end like that.

I remember crossing Cook Strait in pretty bad weather once, and I was more worried about the idea that if anything bad happened my old Triumph would be on the bottom of the sea for ever, much more than I thought about having to get into the life rafts or anything like that!

mizzip, Jul 26, 2:38am
OMG!What a waste!

mizzip, Jul 26, 2:48am
Um. I don't know how I missed this comment.
" How do I know this was on the Rena" - Because a 1972 GTS Monaro was onboard the Rena when she hit the Astrolabe Reef last year.
Because this is a picture of a 1972 GTS Monaro, which is in the CMA yard, where the containers and cargo from the Rena is getting sorted.
Because, it appears this car has been underwater for almost a year, in a completely disintergrated container, in heavy swells.

Shall I continue!

martin11, Jul 26, 2:58am
That container has the top and sidegas axed not openedby rolling around in the sea lines are too straight

lordv81, Jul 26, 3:20am
The container would have the most damage on its weakest parts ie the sides and roof,They would have to gas axe the damaged parts to get the car out,it probly wouldnt be able to be pulled out through the container doors if it had half the container crushed down on the car.Pretty simple reason why they would have gas axed the sides out,thats if the container was infact the sunken one and not a transport one like another poster has suggested.

splinter67, Jul 26, 3:28am
For the car to be that damaged the container would be bent have a look at the doors and the other end looks straight to me wouldnt you just blow the hinges off the doors and go in that way good attempt but no cigar

attitudedesignz, Jul 26, 3:35am
This sounds plausible.

mizzip, Jul 26, 3:36am
Hi, see post #23 or read the rest of the thread

mizzip, Jul 26, 3:39am
I can't believe you guys are questioning the authenticity of the photo.The owner of the photo, it gives his name somewhere at the bottom of the photo, if you click on it, it takes you to his fb page, his job description is "crane operator/driver CMA recycling".

Its almost as if someone is grumpy because someone else posted the photo before they got a chance to

splinter67, Jul 26, 3:42am
Photo was put up today didn't the crane leave 2 months ago haven't been doing any container recovery since then have they somethings a bit fishy here

mizzip, Jul 26, 3:45am
Ahhhh ffs LMFAO!Ok you're right, someone went to the trouble of burning out a Monaro, taking a photo of it and then photoshopping it into a cut open container . or. someone went to the trouble of burning out a Monaro, getting it delivered to a recycling yard, put it in a cut out container and then posted the photos on facebook. You have got to be joking me. right!

Hilarious. thanks for the laughs guys

splinter67, Jul 26, 3:53am
Go further back on the facebook page very good

friendly_prawn, Jul 26, 4:12am
Some one gets excited very easy.
Just saying.

mizzip, Jul 26, 4:13am
Cheeky

Excitable is better than being constantly suspicious though eh!

don_logan, Jul 26, 4:23am
Not sure if this has been posted before, but may shine some light.
http://antipodeanmariner.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/wheres-monaro.html