If your wof has expired but you've been for a wof

Page 1 / 3
roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 6:30am
inspection but have a couple of items to address before going for recheck but you dont have your checksheet with you, can a police officer find out on the roadside (via radio/computer system) that you have indeed been for wof inspection! (i realise that a failed wof inspection doesnt entitle you to drive on road but just wondering if a failed inspection is something that the police can see on their system!) t.i.a

fast_or_last, Jul 21, 6:32am
lol mmm your guess is as good as mine ! this would be good to know .

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 6:39am
Whether they can or not is irrelevant, they won't bother.

Its all about any excuse to give you an infringement notice and get ticks in their little box's so their boss gives them a pat on their head.

Even with a WOF check sheet they are uninterested and (they have told me this themselves) they interpret "can use an unlicensed vehicle on the road for purposes of obtaining a WOF" to mean something entirely different to the rest of the population.

They are however very interested in performing snide looks at you to imply that they think you are lieing, and "staunch out" tones of voice to try and justify ticketing you 400m down the road from your house while road testing a vehicle after WOF repairs.

Even if you go so far as to ring them beforehand and explain you are taking an unlicensed vehicle from a particular address to the nearest WOF testing station at a particular time they will refuse to take the details down and will tell you that isn't allowed. (Despite the law clearly stating that it is).

incar., Jul 21, 6:42am
I can??

alan1111, Jul 21, 6:44am
The Police know even before they step out of their vehicle. When you go for a wof inspection wether it passed or failed in is logged into national data base. Police have access to this so they know its failed.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 6:48am
i don't know what your problem is, however i'd love to go up against you in a driving test and in an i.q. test

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 6:55am
Righto everyone. according to Hornet if you put a vehicles registration on hold you are going to have to trailer it to a WOF garage when you take it off. (Assuming WOF has run out + 2 weeks or more when it goes back on the road)

Let that be a warning to you!

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 7:01am
i'm not going to bother persisting with an irrational person, i did however do a quick check of threads you've commented in and i got up to 5 and every comment of yours was negative, and not one even slightly constructive/helpful. Perhaps its time for you to take a look at yourself mr angry.

modie61, Jul 21, 7:03am
The answer to ops question is yes they can.

smac, Jul 21, 7:08am
Actually no, no they can't. The Police system holds the last inspection expiry date. In the scenario described above that date will be in the past.

The only Police that have direct access to MVR (to see a fail etc) are CVIU. Even then I doubt they'd have the slightest bit of interest that you have just been for a WoF. In fact you're probably better of with them thinking your WoF is just expired, rather than knowing you have failed one.

fast_or_last, Jul 21, 7:08am
seems to like winding people up - post to this thread make honnet seem up em self - exits auction awaiting for honnets smart demeaning crap thrown fast or last way raahaahaahaaha

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 7:08am
Like the Police who give me a hard time it seems you also have comprehension issues. My advice. the messageboard is not for you.

modie61, Jul 21, 7:08am
plus 1

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 7:09am
thanks modie-that's all i was after (not a personal assessment from someone with their own issues.)do you know it to be fact/seen it firsthand!cheers.

modie61, Jul 21, 7:10am
Yes 1st hand experience.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 7:13am
you (somewhat unsurprisingly) foolisly assume that i'm not asking for somebody else and/or that i don't travel between the two countries.

hawat, Jul 21, 7:24am
Man! Some angry people on here. I have been pulled up for no wof twice over the years by cops. They were both really nice about it. Told me to get in and have it done in the next week and that they would check up. The ones I find hard to deal with when wof and or regio run out are the parking meter people.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 7:27am
Hmmm.there appears to be some discrepancy in opinions on this and modie's username seems to ring a positive bell in terms of being smart and helpful, i don't know smac at all-although i have no reason to doubt him.Hmmm.what to believe.what to believe.

smac, Jul 21, 7:35am
Your call, doesn't bother me any. However I only state something as fact if I know it to be so.

Perhaps ask modie more details of his personal experience.might be more to it.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 8:40am
cheers smac, you indeed seem plausible also.It's a good idea of yours re establishing an idea of modie's firsthand experience too.

Hornett-until now i never realised that it would be totally unheard of to reside in one country while visiting another very similar country quite frequently (after all, it's only a few hours comfortable, air conditioned journey from the west island to the south island-significantly quicker than a bus trip from auck to taupo, and arguably more comfortable-)

berg, Jul 21, 8:49am
OK, my "experiance" on this. No, most police at the roadside will not have that information with them. Some who have laptops or the new mobility trial units may have access to that information if they have access to the landata systam where all inspections, ruc, rego etc are logged. Some may have phone contacts with somebody at NZTA who can also supply the information.
Of course, this is just my experiance.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 9:08am
Would you like me to make up a story about living in chch!. Get a life.

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 9:33am
get some help with your negativity-it'll only consume you and life's too short for that mate.

bootylicious5, Jul 21, 9:43am
What is your problem! Take a chill pill as you sound soooo angry!

roadkillcafe, Jul 21, 9:47am
maybe if you weren't so unhappy with yourself-and subsequently everyone-you'd realise that it is possible for people to move from place to place with their profession, etc. I'm enjoying the variety of life-unlike yourself, i strongly suspect.