Sedans with shoulder belt in middle rear seat?

sunny_daze, Jul 22, 4:15am
Can anyone recommend some sedans that they know have the shoulder belt in the middle rear seat. Prefer cars under 10k, 2000 or newer (if possible).
Thanks ???

vtecintegra, Jul 22, 4:22am
Bigger sedans like the BMW 5-series or a Falcon or Commodore tend to have them standard

neo_psy, Jul 22, 4:31am
Yep - vtecintegra has it right.

Top tip - check the seatbelt length if you're planning on putting a carseat in the back of anything - some of them have annoyingly short rear seatbelts which won't go round a carseat.

sunny_daze, Jul 22, 4:35am
Thanks guys. I really hope we are on our last car seat now and thats why I really need the 3 shoulder belts, at the moment the carseat uses the lapbelt.

Another question if you don't mind, are k's a big deal! I was thinking of finding something under 100k's but so many are way up in the 200k's. I'm trying to spend under 10k but don't want to have to deal with costly repairs.

neo_psy, Jul 22, 4:39am
If they've been looked after, Falcons and Commodores are capable of massive Ks (I seem to recall the Police running their old Commies up to half a million Ks, and they weren't treated gently).

See if you can get something with a full service history and something that looks like it was looked after (as a rule, if they look well cared for, then they have been).

If you get the one with less fruit (body kit, and whatnot) you'll generally pay less.

neo_psy, Jul 22, 4:55am
I like those Mondeos - mate of mine had one as a work car and he loved it.

My sister went to buy one which was rusty in the back though (where the boot latch was, I think). Someone apparently told here that was a pretty common thing with them, but that's heresay, really.

Ex company car, so should have full service history. Probably cheap as it's been written down on the books.

I'm not an expert, so I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some horror stories about Mondeos (I seem to think the autos are rubbish).

If you're keen go and have a look in the "flesh" so to speak and have a drive, and then get it checked out by "your" mechanic.

sunny_daze, Jul 22, 4:59am
Thanks again. I have no idea about cars. The first 2 (and only) car purchases were both Hondas and had been really good till now (had one for 6 yrs and the other for 10).
Kind of scary now that we are looking for a car that is going to cost us a bit more $$

yendor, Jul 22, 5:06am
Camry, Corolla.

mileyfan73, Jul 22, 5:24am
Gen6 Accords have the shouder belts,models 1998 onwards.Most of these are all under 10K now.

blackcat17, Jul 22, 10:10am
They are quite good cars from 2003 on, nothing fancy, but safe, with very good roadholding, and a reliable Mazda designed engine.
The automatic ones like mine are more thirsty than they should be, but the manuals, like that one are a fair bit better.

pebbles61, Jul 22, 10:11am
Pffft Seat belts!lol