Classified vs Auction

crudeawakening, Aug 26, 2:04am
I have two cars listed as classified. Neither have sold but have over 3000 views between them. Ive now tried the $0 make an offer on one but the Mrs wants to try an auction.

1st question - anyone had better results with one over the other! and

2nd question - can you change without repaying fees!

Cheers

a.woodrow, Aug 26, 2:12am
1st answer: Auction has always been the best result for me.
2nd answer: no you cant.

Comment: putting $0 is misleading and is a PITA when you are searching through car listings. be honest and put the price you are actually asking for the car

thejazzpianoma, Aug 26, 3:26am
I agree, I am most likely to discount those advertisements because the sellers that do that are often annoying. That is if I even see it in the first place given I usually search a price range.

crudeawakening, Aug 26, 4:18am
Ok. fair call. I have re adjusted the classified price. Will have to consider changing to and auction too.
Cheers for the help

NZTools, Aug 26, 4:28am
$8300 for an 88 318i!

Honestly, I think the asking price is the only thing that is stopping it from selling.

msigg, Aug 26, 4:37am
Well looking at thos etwo, the mecr looks like a better car, and it looks very cheap for what it is , obviously not cheap enough, but the bimmer is too expensive, dosn't look as good either. Try drop a couple grand

bitsy_boffin, Aug 26, 4:54am
Note that the bimmer has a 13b in it.

Not saying it's worth the coin, but a backwards cap wearing low hung pantser might think so.

bellky, Aug 26, 4:59am
I'd go with classified.

Heaps less hassle.

If someone wants your car(s) they'll come and view etc.

kazbanz, Aug 26, 6:18am
If you actually want to sell the cars then run an auction with a reserve at the very low end of what you are prepared to accept as payment.

cowlover, Aug 26, 6:51am
Got to ask why would you put a rotary in a BMW and even more importantly expect to ever be able to sell it for $8g!

crudeawakening, Aug 27, 7:17am
Interesting comments, I gess I feel like I need to justify myself. Im actually an auto electrician and bought the BMW with a couple issues which I have fixed and am trying to make a buck. So Im not the 'backwards cap wearing low hung pantser' :) although I call them 'flat peaks' for the monster energy type caps with the massive duck bill on the front ahaha. $8k is alot for a normal 318 but one that would rip most aussie v8's to 100. well i gess thats still up to who ever. Buyt I've based that on what a certified conversion (type car) seems to go for on here. Waiting for some one keen on rotory's and bmw's if a different story. Is a farrari still for 200k if you have to wait for some one with the money to buy it!
The majority of the 3000 views are for the rotary so taste is obviously subjective and lacking in some :P

Anyways, I think the Merc is priced very well and Im still open to offers. I wonder if TM has noticed much of a decline in all these sales over the last coupe years, and what the trends seem to be!

Thanks for the help re listings type, will have to chew on it.