Holden Vectra front seat adjustment

soodanim, Aug 18, 11:55pm
both of the front seats cables have stopped working properly. I can see where the cable has come away from the mechanism. the cable has a small ball which seems to just pop into the mechanism but as soon as you use the handle to adjust the seat it pops back out again.help! What am I doing wrong. It doesn't look like I am missing any bits. (PS it's the female half of the account. Male didn't have much luck either.)

unbeatabull, Aug 19, 12:06am
If they have popped out/broken in the first place, there is a chance the locking tab or whatever holds them in may be damaged/broken as well.

soodanim, Aug 19, 12:09am
I can't see anything that might have locked them into place.might have to try a bit of kiwi ingenuity .no 8 wire. Can't believe both of them have gone. Can't drive with knees in the chest :)

unbeatabull, Aug 19, 12:12am
Have the rails seized/binded up! can you use a screwdriver or similar to lever/unlock them manually and move the seat!

soodanim, Aug 19, 12:31am
One down, one to go. Not seized I can move them manually.just the ball for the cable won't stay put.

Not no.8 wire but a paper clip.Hold it's there nicely.Driver's seat sorted. Passenger seat a bit harder to get to but I won't be beaten.

soodanim, Aug 19, 1:08am
OK I am beaten, lots of scratches and swear words later.Least the drivers seat is sorted. I think the cable has stretched and that's why it doesn't stay there any more. Another day.