Chevrolet Cruze. Hilooking at buying one of these vehiclescan anyone tell me what i should look out for or just a dont go therei

redpeppa, Sep 2, 5:27am
Hi.Looking at buying one of these vehicles.Can anyone tell me what I should look out for or just a "dont go there"if thats what you think!it is a 2004 and done 90,000ks.Thanks for your help.Cheers

clark20, Sep 2, 5:28am
I can hear Jazz typing from here, Kaz will help you, I think they are a rebadged Barina of the same year

NZTools, Sep 2, 5:30am
It is a rebadgedDaewoo Lacetti. Same as a holden cruze.

and yeah, just dont go there. there are much better cars to be had for the same money.

countrypete, Sep 2, 5:36am
NO.The 2004 Cruze is a rebadged Suzuki Ignis / Swift.Sold as an Ignis here and as a Swift in Japan.GM retuned the suspension, altered a couple of minor panels, changed the badges and Voila - a Holden by any other name.

As it's basically a Suzuki Ignis it will be reliable, economical, and may feel a little "lighter" than other similar-size cars.

No real issues to look for.

kazbanz, Sep 2, 5:46am
What pete says is bang on.
The chevvy cruise/holden cruize of 02-04 IS a suzuki swift/igness
parts available from suzuki or holden.
2 issues first one is minor-changing tailight bulbs is a pain. Id strongly recommend having a looksee in under the back bumper to find the screw that holds the whole lamp in place. when ya have time remove it and give it a grease up. They get rusty and a re a pain when you really NEED to change a bulb.
Top suspension mount. They wear giving movement in the front strut top.
Cheap part to replace -off the shelf at suzuki or mount shop.

I must say the cruize LOOKS nicer inside than the suzuki version

tigra, Sep 2, 5:48am
There was recall on them for something to do with airbags (from memory) and there have been some gearbox issues on them (4wd adaption) but only a few. Had one for 8 years with little or no issues did 100,000 from new. Biggest issue was replacing a rear brake light - damn hard to get at.

tigra, Sep 2, 5:50am
However the Chevrol;et Cruze is different in that it uses a smaller motor than the Ignis based Holden Cruze. Think its only 1.3 and maybe not 4WD.

kazbanz, Sep 2, 6:24am
Ivenever seen a 4wd version and all have been 1.3

a.woodrow, Sep 2, 6:27am
A lot were 4wd and very bad news gearbox wise, 2wd would be fine but run from the 4wd!

NZTools, Sep 2, 6:31am
My bad sorry. 2008 was the changeover to daewoo

wsd, Sep 2, 8:45am
Good car, Ive had one for about 6 years, done about 160,000kms now.2004, 4wd 1.3 Auto and never had any issues with it apart from replacing the front drive shaft due to a worn C.V joint.Also has a timing chain so no need to change a belt. And I think the rear brake light issue has been mentioned which is minor.

a.woodrow, Sep 2, 9:11am
And how much did that front cv/driveshaft cost! (if you don't mind me asking)

twink19, Sep 2, 7:18pm
we bought our Curuze deseil new2010.done 50,000km trouble free motoring, only servicing

tigra, Sep 2, 7:36pm
Not the same car as OP is talking about. Quite different model

ckandsj, Sep 3, 7:33am
we have had ours for nearly a year now 04 chevy cruize, bought it for a shopping trolley for the mrs its done 56k now and goes well had no probs cheap to run 1.3 2wd i drive it in the weekends and i think its a good little car for what it is and what we paid

moosie_21, Sep 3, 7:47am
Figures Chevy could take something perfectly fine and screw it up.