Chevrolet SS Nazi link not wanted

Page 1 / 2
croco1, Feb 21, 7:54am

gammelvind, Feb 21, 8:12am
Always wondered why there never has been more comment on the SS monica.

smac, Feb 21, 8:21am
Particularly on the models where it's slanted, just like the logo in question.

supernova2, Feb 21, 9:02am
Its the Opel heritage coming through.

edangus, Feb 21, 9:05am
Dicks!

theram1, Feb 21, 9:07am
Circumcised ones at that.

budgel, Feb 21, 9:10am
No, they were the victims.

theram1, Feb 21, 9:13am
some of the victims.

grangies, Feb 21, 9:23am
It's only some weirdos in Israel moaning about it, so who cares!

neville48, Feb 21, 9:33am
What about niSSan ! Oooops now they know.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 21, 9:44pm
This is nothing new. don't forget SS Cars were renamed Jaguar for this very reason.

floscey, Feb 21, 9:49pm
you can change the bowtie for a Iron cross to finish it off.

attitudedesignz, Feb 21, 10:07pm
Surprised Fords are allowed to be sold in Israel, what with Henry Ford being a nazi sympathiser and who was quite happy to employ French POWs as slave labour at Ford-Werke in 1940.

bjmh, Feb 21, 10:55pm
ha ha i had a 04 SS that from time to time came up with this message on the dash" ve vill ask thee questions" maybe krauts secretly infiltrated fishermans bend.

elect70, Feb 22, 12:17am
Italways stood forsuper sporttrust some dopey PCidiots to link it withnazi s. Do they buy BMWs!

austingtir, Feb 22, 4:05am
SSS pulsars must really annoy them then.What a load of PC rubbish.

doug207, Feb 22, 5:04am
Better not buy an old Quattro with a KKK turbo

asa50, Feb 23, 4:23am
They have had since the Brock Commodores from 80s to get over it. WW II sucked, like the genocide in numerous wars since then, time to move on

richardmayes, Feb 23, 9:05am
Isn't this precisely the reason SS-Jaguars dropped the "SS" off their badges in the 1940s!

Australian engineering, half a century behind the times as usual!

vjregal770, Feb 23, 10:19pm
I don't know for certain, but seeing as it was in the '40s, I could understand if it were true.

The "SS" moniker has been used millions of times all over the world on countless cars for decades, (though I can't think of a German car that used it). What the connection is to "Australian engineering" as you call it, I have no idea. Actually, I'm unsure what connection that rather puerile statement has to ANY "engineering" at all.

As for Israel, they can F.O.A.D. - contrary to what they obviously think, they weren't the only ones to suffer in WW2. They're just pissed because they came last.

ozz1, Feb 23, 11:13pm
tosser.at least oz stillmakes and builds cars.

ksam, Feb 24, 6:50am
you mean toSSer

richardmayes, Feb 27, 9:39am
I love aussie cars. their fans bite every time.

joanie32, Feb 28, 6:04am
Seemsas itscome up,SS was "Super Swallow" sidecar company. They then started building motor cars under name of SS. Not only was the namea tad nazi, but the fontused was very similar to the Nazis. The decision was made to change the name to Jaguar for that reason

joanie32, Feb 28, 6:04am
Oh andBTW. Holdens are shite.