Parts question.

irule, Sep 16, 10:17am
How many of you get your new parts locally!

My BA falcon needs a set of plugs and coils, I have done a bit of research, new coils from the chain stores and ford are $130-$180 ea. Yet through e-bay I can get a set of coils and plugs for $200.

v8_mopar, Sep 16, 10:24am
coils or leads!

franc123, Sep 16, 10:32am
^^No leads on BA Falcons lol, most cars made in the last 10 years don't havethem, theres one coil per spark plug.No I don't buy parts locally if they can be sourced much cheaper overseas, ignition coils are a good example. Freight costs can be a bit silly out of Aussie though compared to USA/UK so you have to be careful, although in this case I think its going to be well worth it somehow.

kazbanz, Sep 16, 10:09pm
Yep all good except when you NEED a coilmost people don't have time to wait for a coil to come from back of auzzie or the usa.

intrade, Sep 16, 10:22pm
you will also find that local parts store usually have huge price differences. like ripco will charge you 400$ partsmaster 250$ and supersheep 180$ for the same item. Now if you need it today and ripco are the only one with it on the local shelf then thats just the price you will have to pay. differences are indicators only but ripco usually is on top end of asking prices seldom are they the lowest but they can be at times. hunt for prices or get ripped-(or lucky) thats how it always was in this country

intrade, Sep 16, 10:27pm
here is the largest price difference i ever remember.
Volvo rear quarter window . any local glass or car parts guy quoted over 1000$ one even 1200$ ex sweden. So i went on the hunt and it took me 2 weeks but i found the glass local for (180$ new not secoundhand) at autoglass stieger in manukau. What a saving .

incar., Sep 16, 10:40pm
try Panpacific, you may need numbers off the coil pack,30 Walls RoadPenrose 1061
(09) 525 1760
in regards to parts, i source all mine here because generally its the same or next day repair, i have a huge net work of suppliers which helps alot