Sheepskin seat covers, where to get 'real' ones?

whqqsh, Sep 12, 4:49am
I want seat covers for the 'coon & havent seen any I like but have had 'sheepskin' type before (short cut not long hairy tacky type) & they were ok. So off to the shitshops, Ripco & Supersheep (lol), but even the better brands were fluff on material backing. So thinks I off to the sheepskin rug shop but even they were sheep fleece or wool on a material backing. I asked the lady where is the Sheep 'skin' as they were supposed to be sheepskin, shouldnt they be labelled 'sheepwool' rather than sheep'skin'. She couldnt, or didnt want to, see my point.

jmma, Sep 12, 4:53am

splinter67, Sep 12, 5:43am
Classic sheepskins in Napier

gmphil, Sep 12, 5:49am
Not sure still there that shopin huntly!

whqqsh, Sep 12, 6:30am
are you sure! with "a stretch polyester backing shell of similar color." doesnt sounds like 'skin' to me

whqqsh, Sep 12, 6:31am
sorry guys, In Aucks would be a bit better for me

lookoutas, Sep 12, 6:40am
Good luck. Have never heard of covers on the real skin.

rob_man, Sep 12, 6:47am
There was a tannery in Onehunga which sold whole skins that were easy enough to drape over a seat, with a bit of elastic and kiwi egni.inegi. gineng.cunning you could organise something.

clark20, Sep 12, 8:54am
There was place in Manukau , on Gt South road, might still be there
http://www.localist.co.nz/l/fnwcjt

Found it next to Burger king, use street view

thejazzpianoma, Sep 12, 9:07am
I thought beaded seat covers were the seat covering of choice for "coon" owners. Perhaps a nice lace up steering wheel cover to complete the look.

clark20, Sep 12, 9:09am
Yep, they are all the rage in Mercedes Taxis in Germany

blue35, Sep 12, 9:54am
Try these guys, they do a good job, Tolley E B & Co Ltd
www.ebtolley.com

dave653, Sep 12, 11:10pm
Nana used to have a real sheepskin mat. With actual skin on it. As above. fit a few elastic straps and yer away laughin'!

elect70, Sep 13, 3:35am
TanneryonSH 1south of shannon (if ever down this way )that docustom made to fit your car from2 skins& separateheadrestcovers. not made out ofscap bits stitched together like commercialstuff, genuine longsheep wool .I had myXD p van ones made therepity I sold them with the van r .Well made& still smell a bitfor whilenot cheap thoughabout 50 % dearer thanSC or ripco .

whqqsh, Sep 13, 4:15am
cheers, Ill pop in for a look

xs1100, Sep 13, 6:44am
used to be a genuine sheepskin seat cover shop besides moyes there was there for years at the lights go see the p/b out the back they ll know were they have moved too

whqqsh, Sep 13, 7:07am
its moved down the road in the same block as Hell Pizza, been there, no good, thanks anyway

eajo1mbwass, Sep 13, 7:09am
New Zealand Natural Classics , they have a shop bottom Queen street Auckland the factory is in Christchurch and they do make them to order for any car van truck etc

whqqsh, Sep 29, 1:53am
Thanks for theinfo, went there this morning, really helpful bloke & even fitted them for us (I felt like a bit of a goose standing about while an old boy did the work). Spent a bit more than I intended but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for".
Highly recommended & good quality especially compared to Ripco & Supersheeps offerings

flashgordon_nz, Sep 29, 12:03pm
good to hear Whqqsh. I used to sell their product many years ago when i was in parts, and i doubt you will find better. the ones from ten years ago are still in daily use, now fitted to the truck seat, and still wearing well.

thewomble1, Sep 29, 2:18pm
Hope you got the correct ones. Seats that have airbags fitted into themhave to have special covers otherwise the airbags won't inflate correctly if you have an accident.

whqqsh, Sep 29, 3:14pm
no, of course we bought the wrong ones, went out of our way especially you know

eagles9999, Sep 29, 9:06pm
And you wont get a WoF.