Vw touareg

Page 1 / 2
bigfatmat1, Sep 11, 9:11am
I see these recommended over Japanese vehicles. Anyway I had one in it at work today towed in the guy was not happy just spat a belt off and destroyed a few plastic pullies and a seized tensioner. He was saying it was $1500 cheaper to have his cambelt done in auckland at $3000 $4500 in nelson poor design drive shaft rebuild 5g service $1000. elctric windows $800 x2 aircon $3g. Sounds like a good car if you are a millionaire and enjoy getting things fixed. Ill have 2 please

morrisman1, Sep 11, 9:14am
Ill get one too, and we can start it a club. It will be great, we can meet in carparks and compare faults.

asa50, Sep 11, 9:28am
Even changing the battery is a bundle of laughs as well!

intrade, Sep 11, 9:30am
na tuaregs are unfortunatly no good you want a 1.9 amarock with manual trans not auto like all tuareg are.

skull, Sep 11, 9:33am
After you have the faults listed Jazz can arrange parts/repairs for next to nothing. I can see the club growing until in the end there will be more VW's than sheep, we'll all be so happy

tazcsv, Sep 12, 1:24am
Im sure someone in here said they were great and cheap to run.

intrade, Sep 12, 2:34am
your dreamen mate

mm12345, Sep 12, 2:40am
They just have more issues because they're so advanced and well-featured.
If you owned a car with the same luxury features as those causing problems in the OP's thread, like a fan belt, cam belt, electric windows, drive shafts, and air conditioning, then that car would likely cost you many many thousands of dollars a year in routine servicing and repairs too.

intrade, Sep 12, 2:43am
yup the more crap there is the mor its costing to fix goes for all car makes

trdbzr, Sep 12, 2:44am
So its either getting loads of features and absolutely no reliability or getting a car with fewer features but much more reliability. Funny how the local fanboy was always saying that with VWs you can have your cake and eat it too. Good thing that you have cleared it up for him.

scoobeey, Sep 12, 3:24am
shhhhhh lol

morrisman1, Sep 12, 6:45am
Ahh driveshafts, I could only dream of such luxury.

bigfatmat1, Sep 12, 6:49am
yes drive shafts are quite a luxury these days. Also electric windows and a/c another luxury that nearly every car has

intrade, Sep 12, 6:51am
they are a monsta never the less
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=TWxMestl824

bigfatmat1, Sep 12, 6:52am
If thats how you want to justify your repair bills feel free. I would more side with expensive parts. common faults, poor design, and difficult or time consuming to gain access for repairs

morrisman1, Sep 12, 6:56am
mm12345 was taking the piss for those who did not realise

trdbzr, Sep 12, 7:09am
Funny how the fanboy kept well away from this thread.

bigfatmat1, Sep 12, 9:35am
almost like a jo ho

cuda.340, Sep 12, 9:55am
i don't know about that, i drove one of them today. turbo manual & it was a slug down low, how you could tow with one of these pos's is beyound me. my 4 year old BT50 has more power & torque & it's a high mileage unit. load one of them up with my daily utensils & i'd be burning out clutches every 6 months. no thanx.

morrisman1, Sep 12, 9:57am
But it's German torque

mugenb20b, Sep 12, 10:07am
My Terrano can do that.

fordkiwi27, Sep 12, 10:42am
jazz!

1joe, Sep 12, 11:04am
amarok makes more torque and at lower revs than the mazda

elect70, Sep 13, 3:50am
Great machine off roadthat big V10deisel sure produces heap of torque , had adrive of mates 1 ,go anywhere .

cuda.340, Sep 13, 4:07am
so how come you have to rev it heaps & slip the clutch to prevent it from stalling! the Mazda you can almost dump the clutch & it don't stall!