How to improve the standard of driving in Auckland

andrea_w, Dec 6, 10:12am
Put a dog behind the wheel!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593

outbidyou2, Dec 6, 10:14am
cool story bro

andrea_w, Dec 6, 10:16am
What's the matter. are you fearing some upcoming competition against your current driving skills!

mugenb20b, Dec 6, 6:38pm
It's a good way to avoid paying for a speeding ticket "My dog was driving officer."

the-lada-dude, Dec 6, 7:44pm
if they spent the same amount of money and time on dog driving, to sift through the boat people that come here and turn our roads into a dodgems ride at the local fair, well !.what more can I say

hoarder85, Dec 6, 7:52pm
Awesome story.

hutchk, Dec 6, 9:30pm
Because NZ born Kiwis are all excellent drivers.

floscey, Dec 6, 9:43pm
come drive out Howick way for a day. International licences should be cancelled for new enterants and made to sit nz test. Actually having to sit the test themselves .

ian86, Dec 6, 9:48pm
I can relate to this., I also wonder how many unlicensed drivers there are out there!.can't remember the last time I have been asked to show mine!.hit the checkpoint.check warrant and reg thats all.don't bother with the license

the-lada-dude, Dec 6, 10:05pm
Phissst !I see your stepping up from a tricycle, your the exception to the above quote,

elect70, Dec 7, 3:03am
Take all asians off the road .

bellky, Dec 7, 3:20am
That wont improve the standard of driving in Auckland, or anywhere.

gypsyguy, Dec 16, 9:34pm
I once heard a small-minded prat from a small northland town spouting on about Auckland drivers. He claimed to know how to fix the traffic congestion problem:.
"You see, what happens is, when one guy at the front of a queue brakes, then other people behind him all brake as well, and this causes traffic to bank up." (I felt like saying so what should we do! Refrain from braking, and smash into them instead!)
He was deadly serious, by the way.
"And then" he went on, "when the traffic moves off again, people leave gaps between their cars" (I felt like saying, so we should all travel 100mm away from each others' bumpers! Car traffic does not behave like a train!)
But you can't argue with idiots like this, best to let them come and try their theories out for themselves. But i sure had to do some tongue-biting that day!

footplate1, Dec 16, 10:55pm
I tend to agree with you but I do think that some congestion is caused by people at the front of the queue are unprepared to move when the light goes green.Small delays can multiply.Otherwise, spot on!

gypsyguy, Dec 16, 11:18pm
Yes thanks, you've just hit one of my pet peeves! People who dawdle when the light goes green, and 3, 4, 5 cars at the tail end miss out on the green because of them. Green light = quickly check both ways, then move off briskly to help get as many cars as possible through on the green!

dore2, Dec 17, 3:20am
Plenty of dogs behind the wheel, Wish they were thinking dogs

dore2, Dec 17, 3:22am
Chowick she no good place to driveBang bang

aktow, Dec 17, 5:19pm
more crap,,, i used to be a towtruck driver and inthe 300 plus accidents i went to only a handful were teenagers or Asians.most were nz born 30 plusand when i drive around i see more white middle aged commodore or holden drivers speeding on the motorway than young hoons as we call them.

truckr, Dec 18, 7:01am
i agree some foreignersare bad drivers but us kiwis are worse by far

trogedon, Dec 18, 7:24am
White Kiwis seem to be in more of a hurry often - especially out of town. The road is a race track mentality. Plenty of New New Zealanders who go through Red Lights though.

truckr, Dec 18, 8:15am
impatience is the problem with nz driving that is the reason they pass when vehicles are coming , speed , run red lights, fail to give way,you only have to see them on the motorway jump from lane to lane and back again just to get a little bit ahead .