Charged for manslaughter even though not driving.

nzoomed, Jan 8, 11:35pm
Yet alone not even being in the car!
How does that work!
http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/christmas-crash-girls-mother-back-court/1231638/

edangus, Jan 8, 11:40pm
In the other vehicle! therefore contributing to accident!

richynuts, Jan 8, 11:42pm
Maybe because the driver was a restricted driver and mother was 100% aware of this and let her children ride in car, or maybe the seatbelts.mother knew her kids were not wearing them! Have to wait and see.

nzoomed, Jan 8, 11:53pm
I guess thats possible, but we dont know the full details yet, will wait and see, the article suggests 3 people are jointly charged.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 9, 12:05am
I covered this in the other thread.

vtecintegra, Jan 9, 12:07am
What are you basing this on!

nzoomed, Jan 9, 12:32am
newspaper article, all the 3 people charged are the same group/family of people as far as im aware.

edangus, Jan 9, 12:43am
Pretty sure this is related to the 2 cars racing prior to the accident.

nzoomed, Jan 9, 12:43am
link please!

bigmacnfries, Jan 9, 1:17am
The police arent charging them for the hell of it. There is obviously enough evidence to charge them with manslaughter even though they werent in the vehicle.

vtecintegra, Jan 9, 1:23am
Doesn't mean only one vehicle was at fault.

smac, Jan 9, 1:33am
This is the second thread on this case and in both threads people have made assumptions over and above what is in the news. Weird.

noswalg, Jan 9, 1:33am
I agree, according to the driver of the ute the accident was caused by the cars racing and if the girls mother happened to be in one of those other cars that didn't even stop then nothing our justice system hands down will be punishment enough! Of course this is all speculation at the moment. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10776010

kazbanz, Jan 9, 1:57am
Did it not state that the mother WAS driving one of the cars !

noswalg, Jan 9, 2:10am
No it says "Yesterday, police said that two others involved in the crash, a 17-year-old boy and a 36-year-old woman, had been charged with two counts of manslaughter. They would appear in Tauranga District Court today." Which means the 17 yo could have been driving and she was a passenger in the car which could still implicate her particurlarly in the case of failing to asertain injury.

kazbanz, Jan 9, 2:12am
-Not in that report --in the other report

noswalg, Jan 9, 2:20am
ahh ok, damn assumptions. I haven't looked at the other.

un_known, Jan 9, 2:42am
the 2 cars were racing and she didnt stop at the scene of the accident. and it was her own daughters how could she just drive on like that!

paulap, Jan 9, 4:03am
I thought on the day that it happened it was said 3 cars were racing. One tried to overtake. Crashed head on into the ute. The two other cars left the scene. Hence 2 more people/drivers charged with manslaughter.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 9, 4:32am
Sorry, I forgot that thread wasn't about this particular incident.

nzoomed, Jan 9, 4:49am
if racing was involved that changes things considerably. That would make sense, the media has been very vague on what actually even happened.

triangle1, Jan 9, 12:18pm
It is a stretch to pin a manslaughter charge on her. The cops are stupid and she will probably get off. another minor charge would have had more chance of success in court.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 9, 1:22pm
I agree. Even if there was 'racing', it's quite a stretch to charge the driver of the vehicle that didn't crash much less their 'person in charge'.