So where do people sell their (old) car parts now?

xpfairmont, Dec 14, 9:49pm
I've been checking out both XP and XW Falcon parts listings every day and in the last year or so it's just the same old listing. Mainly marked up new parts from over seas that I can get from anywhere (for a lot cheaper). This site used to be full of interesting spare parts for sale for my old cars. Now there's jack.

mrfxit, Dec 14, 10:00pm
"Now theres Jack"

Any relation to
http://www.whoisjackshit.com/

mrfxit, Dec 14, 10:03pm
Yea I know the feeling, it's happening to most gear thats in between .
not new & REALLY old.
If it's simply "old" then it's considered "bin only"
Computers /clothing/ toys are the same.
Yea I hate that too.

whqqsh, Dec 14, 11:18pm
theyre old enough now (& the cars value has escalated enough) that many are hanging onto stuff that not long ago theyd let go of

smac, Dec 14, 11:39pm
People must be hoarding for some reason, plenty of parts available for English stuff (I only watch for mini stuff but see plenty of other stuff). Best bet is probably through the clubs.

chevcamaro, Dec 15, 6:25am
santa did it

afer_daily, Dec 15, 6:30am
yeah i know what you mean / theres an old guy down the road from me thats got an old 67 valiant safari/ hes no idea what its worth .

afer_daily, Dec 15, 7:01am
i had a few beers and went and asked him how much he would take f or the 67 and he said his son said its worth about 7g !

dave653, Dec 15, 8:14am
Stuck record! Stop drinkin' while computin'.

grangies, Dec 15, 8:26am
What parts do you need!

If it is body parts, then they are at a premium price for any thing that is salvageable.

What new parts can you get for an XP and XW Falcon!

xpfairmont, Dec 15, 9:48pm
You can get most panels for XW XY's new, bonnets, front guards, doors etc. It's the small bits and pieces that are hard to find. Column parts, non GT style mirrors, little brackets etc. and station wagon bit are even harder to find.

emvuli, Dec 18, 11:40am
a good supply of xp parts in canterbury would be good.

chebry, Dec 18, 6:32pm
Horopito wreckers has XP wagons stacked along its fence, those cars were rare new after the first few models fell to pieces mosy buyers were very wary of Falcons by then

floscey, Dec 18, 6:52pm
and then theFalcon went on to one of the best selling Fords in NZ for many years to come.

floscey, Dec 18, 6:54pm
Hope to see all you guys hoarding the XR parts at Kumeu in the new year. Time to clean out those sheds , bring all your bits .

the-lada-dude, Dec 18, 9:07pm
hardy ha ha ha !I like it,stuff like that is as rare as rock'n horse shitt

supernova2, Dec 18, 9:11pm
Could it be that you have bought them all already!

red2, Dec 18, 9:14pm
I am selling some old parts ! In the New year will be listing a workshop manual for XP and XW too - hope that helps

dajoki, Dec 18, 9:50pm
When my brother [since deceased] came back from Aussie he brought a container of bits and bobs back.mainly XA and XY.they were his passion.a lot has been sold off but there is still lots of little bits [some still in original packets].if anyone was interested I could toss the lot into a drum and make a listing.