Ssangyoung no parts in nz

Page 2 / 3
intrade, Dec 22, 6:39am
well i aint got a ducato but i always got parts the overnight for my fiat geniuen fiat parts fromeuro-italian car parts ltd auckland

poppajn, Dec 22, 6:46am
As I,ve said before, we waited 3 months on a clutch plate and 3 years later are still waiting on an accelorator cable (we got one made)
I understand the ones sold now are ok for parts though, our,s are 2006/07 models.

intrade, Dec 22, 6:51am
yea but somone sold all these ssangyoungs and a ssangyoung dealer should at least have essentials like brake cilinders . if its not hollydays then i can get parts witin 3 weeks from europe. i also waited 16 days once for a nissan mistral diesel water-hose ex japan for 210$ with built in sensor. So no can do on repairing that
Only cars i have so far had almost 0 problems for parts is toyota.

austingtir, Dec 22, 7:07am
And your suprised by this because!

intrade, Dec 22, 7:08am
they are all nz new not imports.

austingtir, Dec 22, 7:18am
But they can order the part in no problem just a wait!This is a pretty standard thing and you must expect it with that particular brand.SSangyong are a well known brand but i mean how many years have they actually been trading in NZ for!

Pretty much most brands are probably going to have this issue for particular parts.A brake cylinder is not a common replacement item really they should last for a pretty long time so in my dealings with japanese cars id fully expect them to send this from japan.I cant see Ssangyong being any better than a japanese import tbh.

karstuff, Dec 22, 9:40am
According to the listing that is a 7/8 in. piston. You say faulty cyl. is
1 in. bore. Probably just as well you havent ordered any.Cheers

franc123, Dec 22, 10:04am
Sorry but this isn't news, having had the misfortune of having to service an Actyon diesel last year the agents could not even supply an engine oil filter for it off the shelf, and even if they could it was rudely (as in three figures) expensive. Naming no names but it was from a major NZ Ssangyong dealer.The same part from Mercedes Benz dealer was instantly available and cheaper. At least if you require a trans filter for one its the same BTR 4 speed trans as used in Falcons for the last 22 years which everyone who sells car parts should have. The situation was no different when those Mussos first started coming in many years ago.

westwyn, Dec 22, 12:18pm
The problem at least in part, is that Ssangyong had a break in supply a few years back when the original franchise holder went into liquidation (and I think also, receivership). There were a number of legal wrangles that occurred before a new distributor was established, effectively re-starting the brand here in NZ from afresh. Prior to this, the brand had not been well represented in NZ and there may well have been financial issues preventing the previous distributor from holding a large inventory of spare parts. Although the "new" distributor has re-started the brand with a lot more clout (sales figures are respectable, at the least) they also carry spares inventory for the FRESH inventory since re-starting. I know there were legal tussles over the ownership and rights to the remaining "previous" spares but I can't remember what the outcome was. Russell Burling was the man behind the previous distributorship, it's quite possible he retained the rights and access to those spares, rather than the "new" distributors. That's assuming they held much inventory anyway- with financial trouble, I'd suspect perhaps not.

r15, Dec 22, 5:21pm
i bet i could go to town today on a sunday with minimal places open and get the same / equivalent part for a hilux or navara no problem at all on the spot

geminidragon, Dec 22, 7:04pm
a friend has a 4 wheel drive one and the auto keeps going back to 3rd and its the most aweful rock n roll drive on the road i have ever experienced,its like being in a swell in a boat

intrade, Dec 22, 7:11pm
what one is that the new one i guess!2006 +

geminidragon, Dec 22, 7:31pm
yes it is

petermcg, Dec 22, 9:25pm
For the ssangyong parts, I think I can source them, so come see me and I will price them for you.

intrade, Dec 22, 9:31pm
how about headlights for the ssangyoung istana aka mb 140/100
i could get some from here but there will be minimum order 10 used to be 100 for 15 us$ each
http://bzjx.gmc.globalmarket.com/products/30439-istana-mb100.html

intrade, Dec 22, 9:31pm
how about headlights for the ssangyoung istana aka mb 140/100
i could get some from here but there will be minimum order 10 used to be 100 for 15 us$ each
http://bzjx.gmc.globalmarket.com/products/30439-istana-mb100.html

carmad50, Dec 23, 1:09am
advertise in parts wanted trademe car parts wanted, bound to use same brake cyclinders as other cars get a sample ask repco type shop

intrade, Dec 23, 3:00am
i think i just found a place with google the parts number off the headlight i punched in to search there
http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/LAMP-ASSY-HEAD-RH_p_5848168

intrade, Dec 23, 3:00am
i think i just found a place with google the parts number off the headlight i punched in to search there
http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/LAMP-ASSY-HEAD-RH_p_5848168

intrade, Dec 23, 3:10am
for a wof i just needto fix my rear cilinders but both headlights have cracked glass . so might need some new lights sooner or later the guy on here selling secoundhand wanted almost 300$ for a secoundhand unit . i know i seen em fewyears ago for 15$ us in china 1000unit minimum order however or i would have ordered them.

monzaman, Dec 23, 5:54am
Just Brakes in Penrose will reco it in a day,why stuff around,a mate of mine was going get a second hand MX5 r. brake caliper from USA but as a mechinac myself I told him if it was my car I would rather spend a bit more and get it reco'd with gaurantee which he did,,I happened to work on Musso's when they came out- it took 3 months to get parts from Korea if you were lucky .

intrade, Dec 23, 6:26am
look at the picture i recondition it my self . post 7

intrade, Dec 31, 2:39am
ok just had a call with some info from the ssangyoung dealer in auckland , They seem to try and pick up with the problems of the bancrupcy from ssangyoung agent a few years ago and gave me a few numbers to ringeastern for korean silvertsar-farmand he is 575 great south road got the little damper for my serpentin belt in stock for 100$ so will pop by to get thatsoon

elect70, Dec 31, 3:08am
I second Just brakes,fantasticworktheyresleeveda master cylinder formein SS& new seals ETC$100

mopar63, Dec 31, 5:53am
I'd just grind or turn of the casting bit that centres the spring and shove standard type 1" cups in ,the springs will locate in therubber and those cups only cost a buck or so,