Ford parts prices.

jason_247, Mar 9, 6:15am
im a bmw man myself and whilst i always tell people that the price of parts isnt bad im was blown away by the price for ford parts i got today for the girlfriends car.

1996 ford telstar 2.0 twin cam FS engine

Rocker cover gasket
Timing belt
Tensioner
Idler
Oil seals X 3
Water pump
Alt belt
P/S belt.
Spark plugs

All up $153

not even white box crap mostly name brands like bosch and gates.

Still wouldnt drive one.

pebbles61, Mar 9, 6:17am
Can't complain with those prices!

intrade, Mar 9, 6:25am
thats not a ford its a mazda 626

franc123, Mar 9, 7:37am
And the complaint is!Thats cheap for all that.Your girlfriends got brains, I'd rather drive one of those too than any POS E36 Beemtroubleu of the same era, at least you know the roof lining isn't going to drop on your head when you drive or have other trim bits fall off when they feel like it, and the plastic bits the cooling system is made of aren't going to snap and cook the motor at random.The Mazda/Ford is a quality product by comparison.

xacoon, Mar 9, 8:01am
I don't think he was complaining, looked to me more like surprised at how reasonable the prices are.

panicky, Mar 9, 8:10am
sounds like someone got staff discount to me

dasfi, Mar 9, 8:11am
Id be stoked if i got all that for my car at that price

icemans1, Mar 9, 8:14am
price all that stuff for a falcon and see what ya come up with.

quickstitch, Mar 9, 11:34am
won't be needing a timing beklt for a falcon.

franc123, Mar 9, 11:48am
For the same year 6cyl one it would be less or at worst about the same, no timing belt and only one drive belt needed for a start, although its a serpentine belt. Falcon service parts are cheap by and large.

bent_ate, Mar 9, 7:30pm
Thats dirt cheap,,,, an your complaining,, maybe you should ride a bike, actually parts are prob more expensive for a pushbike

NZTools, Mar 9, 7:38pm
Where did you get from his post that he was complaining!

chook90, Mar 9, 11:14pm
Great prices but we are not talking "genuine ford" stuff.

Frankly I find the pricing of Ford parts (particularly proprietry stuff) to be bordering on criminal and one of the reasons I cannot justify buying another one. I love some of the cars they offer (F6 & GT335) but I'm not prepared to endure another 5 years of being sodomised every time I need parts.

unbeatabull, Mar 10, 2:23am
Majority of stuff there is aftermarket stuff available that is as good or better then the genuine stuff anyway. You don't have to buy genuine parts even on a new vehicle, your warranty will still stay in tact. I wouldn't let genuine prices of any car put me off owning one. Unavailability or high aftermarket prices would though.

steptoe72, Mar 10, 4:05am
Mazda proceed parts are just about 1/2 of the price for a ford couier.shocks/ball joints etc . so brought new mazda ones from mazda. they came in ford box's with ford motor company writen on them with ford part numbers.So someones getting creamed!.

unbeatabull, Mar 10, 4:11am
Depends on the original source of the part. Each dealer that touches the part on its way to your purchase add their own markup onto it so they aren't losing money. Say Mazda bought direct from Japan to the main Mazda NZ Depot, then to the dealer you bought it from, its only been through two hands so little markup. Where as when you asked the Ford Dealer, they may of not had any instock, so would of had to source from for example another Mazda/Ford Dealer, who add their markup on top first. For best dealer/genuine prices you should talk to the main dealer/depot in NZ for that manufacturer or get a parts person who knows what they are doing to look after the customer :)

zims, Mar 10, 4:31am
Cheap for all that. Try buying Nissan parts from a dealer. Prepare to get raped.