David brown cropmaster, parts and info

Page 1 / 2
xacoon, Mar 1, 8:37pm
can anyone steer me towards someone who deals cropmaster parts, in particular parts for early solex carbs (fv30) and has decent knowledge of the mechanical nuances of cropmaster/ super cropmaster engines

andy61, Mar 1, 10:42pm
My dad had 1 of these many many years ago,I remember him saying they were not popular because they would always crack the block in cold weather,dads cropmaster had its cracked block welded up.Maybe antifreeze would help.

xacoon, Mar 1, 11:22pm
most of those old sleeve motors antifreeze was a must I think. he hasn't got the tractor parked up under the trees somewhere has he!

xacoon, Mar 2, 6:55pm
no one got any info or leads!

pettal, Mar 2, 7:02pm

paul861, Mar 2, 7:31pm
tryed andrew lusty!

xacoon, Mar 2, 7:55pm
had found that one thanks, the cropmaster is pre the 25, not sure of similarities between blocks liners etc between the 25 and the cropmaster

xacoon, Mar 2, 7:56pm
nope where is he based!

dunwoody, Mar 2, 8:40pm
There is a very active David Brown owners club. Cropmasters are still a dime a dozen and very popular, Always some on T M. Andrew deals mainly with American tractors but could put you in touch with D B owners.

xacoon, Mar 3, 6:05pm
I realise they are still reasonably common, any more than basic info on them isn't so common though. Will try Lusty thanks

bmc460, Mar 3, 6:39pm
Got one under trees still complete for parts.Most parts fit later model ones.I know a guy in britain took crown wheel out of 30,c and stuck it in a 1212 as they are the same size even tho theres a huge diffrence in hp.

bmc460, Mar 4, 4:44am
thats how stupid some people are,had a guy down here sent a w6 back end to scrap.Few months later he's asking me were one is so he can get a tractor going.Inever throw any away.

xacoon, Mar 4, 5:05am
does it have side covers and lights still! mine is basically complete it is just minor things like the seats are rotted out and the original top link is missing. I want to know if I can fit supercropmaster liners and pistons to the cropmaster block to get a few more hp, in the meantime I just need a straight petrol carb or jets coz the kero motor jets were a bit bigger. thats the info I am struggling to come across.

xacoon, Mar 4, 5:06am
what a dick. wastefull really

coolcort, Mar 4, 10:45am
Hi have a look on David Brown Tractor Club UK heaps of information on there and helpful members on their forum anyone can join the on line forum free our family has had DBs as only working tractors for 63 years, 25 DBs and early cropmasters had 3& half inch bore and later super cropmasters and 30c had 3-5/8 bore diesels were same.

xacoon, Mar 4, 9:06pm
may have to resort to the uk sites, what I want to know is, being a sleeve motor, whether the blocks were the same and a 3 5/8 sleeve could be fit into a block that had been running the 3 1/2

coolcort, Mar 5, 10:05am
The sleeves are fairly thick i dont think they changed to 3-5/8 by just making the sleeve bore larger probably the block was bored for larger id sleeves. i havnt had sleeves out, can remember my father doing sleeve removal when i was a youngster, will try and find out on ukdb site cheers

bmc460, Mar 5, 11:32pm
Ive got a carb here but no sidescreens or lights.Theres a guy down in gorge road near invercargill you need to talk to.Hes been working on Daveys as long as they've been coming over here.Hes farming now but still fixes them for people,knows them inside out.

coolcort, Mar 6, 2:19am
Hi again the DB club forum on the sleeves replies say the sleeves are the same regardless of the internal bore size however there are 2 types of sleevestraight and stepped the cropmaster should have straight and 30c could have either so provided you use the same type of sleeve you can have two different bore sizes with suitable pistons, hope that is of help cheers Geoff

xacoon, Mar 6, 6:40am
if it is a straight petrol carb I may be interested

xacoon, Mar 6, 6:41am
awesome that's what I was after. might have to jump on that forum myself

3beers, Mar 6, 9:59am
david brown tractor parts pukekohe . try this googlesearch . they have been dealing in david browns for years . If they havent got it they will know where you can get it .

gjva, Mar 8, 7:57pm
i have a complete cropmaster 25 if you are interested

xacoon, Mar 9, 7:59am
I would be but the cost of getting it down here would be quite prohibitive unfortunately

xacoon, Mar 15, 8:20am
hey did the parts cropmaster you have still have the original generator on it!