Common fit seat belt Toyota?

philltauranga, Feb 19, 8:39am
A friend of mine has a Toyota Wish (03) people mover and it needs a new drivers seat belt. Wrecker wants $350, and pick a part stock list dosent show any in Tauranga or Wellington where she is.
Anyone know if they are a common fit to other Toyota people mover models that are more common!

unbeatabull, Feb 19, 8:46am
Sounds like a reasonable price. I'd imagine they would have pretensioners etc in them so worth a bit.

snoopy221, Feb 19, 8:47am
Google
autoliv New Zealand

K

philltauranga, Feb 19, 8:50am
At pick a part, they are only $20 for any model of car.
http://www.pickapart.co.nz/pricelist.asp!alpha=S

cowlover, Feb 19, 10:49am
I think thta sort of price for a 2nd hand seat belt (for a 10 year old car) is absolutely crazy.How much isnew one at Toymotor!

splinter67, Feb 19, 6:32pm
Hmmm toyota parts cheap cant wait for jazz to see this lol

kazbanz, Feb 19, 7:46pm
Phil.-that is about the going price for a seatbelt for a Wish,Isis,funcargo ipsum etc.
You will find on the chrome bit of the belt buckle a stamped number. This will tell you what buckle it is you want.On the bottom of the belt webbing is a little fabric tag which tells you the color etc of the belt.
I can tell you that no matter what you will not pay "about $20" for a belt anywhere. you will pay anything from $200 to $350.
Incidently just to make matters worse -a belt from a later/earlier model wish will fit but the electrical plug changed in about 2003 so if she gets oneid ask for it to include the plug and about 100mm of wire so you can wire in the plug if needed. (2 simple solder joints)

johnf_456, Feb 19, 7:50pm
Don't wake him, next thing he will be trying to sell them another car

kazbanz, Feb 19, 7:51pm
its not the make/model that is the issue. its the nature of the part.
In a crash the mechanism is damaged rendering unable to be sold.
It is now illegal to replace just the webbing in a seatbelt
This makes the few that come out of non crash damaged cars expensive
Older seatbelts worked differently

philltauranga, Feb 21, 6:21am
Thanks for replys, Toymota want $1000 for new, so she said, shaft that.
Was hoping could find a more common model that share similar components to see if another model would fit. Was just failed for minior fraying along the edge, told her to try lighter along edge and take it elcewhere---- when they look on WOF file. yea mate just put a second hand one in.