Toyota altezza question

winnie15, Jan 29, 3:01am
my daughter is mad keen to save up for one of these, however we have had afflicting opinnons of the fuel economy of them.
Are they good on fuel economy or gas gusslers!
TIA

nick91111, Jan 29, 3:03am
I used to own one. They are generally reasonably good on gas. Like any car if you drive it hard they will drink a bit. The 4 cylinder manual beam's engines are good economy. The 6 cylinders are a bit smoother to drive but less power. Depends what your daughter is after.

winnie15, Jan 29, 3:11am
i think she likes the look of them to be honest. she's 18 and has a nissan pular with a sports kit, i think she should stick with it and save her money, perhaps upgrade but not spend over 6 grand.but thats a parents outlook :)

nick91111, Jan 29, 5:19am
Yeah altezza's are good, but expensive for what they are

kcf, Jan 29, 7:42am
at 18 the insurance companies won't be shy when the tell you prices to cover her

alimac1, Jan 29, 8:02am
My 98 RS200 gives me around 7.8l/100km

jason_247, Jan 29, 8:06am
avoid the 6 cyls they are gutless and thirsty
the 4cyl beams is a good motor

only downside of a manual is if the clutch needs doing it will be around $1200 in parts alone compared to $150-$200 of a normal car

this is because the flywheel is dual mass and must be changed at the same time

otherwise good car, not my cup of tea but not bad in all

r15, Jan 29, 7:12pm
buy an auto. then they're good, reliable, economical and a nice handling car.

not even in the same ball park as most other 2 litre 4 door sedans- though a lot of people will say they are over priced and buy a 626 or something, its not the same buying a mundane family car as a still underpowered but sports orientated rwd, 4 door sedan