MTD & Troy-Bilt ride on mower parts?

moltenfire, May 18, 11:29pm
They won't deal direct and refer to local dealers (all Stihl).

moltenfire, May 22, 4:10am
But. all parts I wanted were easily available, and cheap. Previously bought blade adaptor from original mower supplier $95. Genuine Troy-Bilt part thru Stihl agent $22 incl. Blades from original supplies $38 in 2009, from local agent $18.50 incl. Interesting.

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 1:28am
Yeah i know. it's not motoring.

BUT can someone here help me with who the main distributor is for MTD Yardman and Troy-Bilt ride on mowers. I've taken over lawn duty for MIL as FIL passed late last year and the mower needs some maintenance (pulley & belt adjusters and the like) and it seems our local "dealer" is no longer a dealer, but can however source the bits for me. I'm thinking it may be better to source them myself.

Have tried Google but not coming up with a 'refined' enough search.

TIA

grangies, Jan 6, 1:33am
Steelfort NZ. We had to buy a new deck for our piece of shyte MTD Yardman. And it came from Steelfort in Palmerston North.

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 1:57am
Cheers mate, will get in touch with them.

PS: I kinda like the mower, it mows nicely and hauls my fat ass up some decent slopes lol.

m16d, Jan 6, 2:31am
x1
Yer. I've got a Troy-Bilt,and nowhere in NZ can I find parts for it. I have just bought a set of wheels off Ebay for it which came from USA.
The parts seem to be reasonably priced,but the shipping e killer.

jmma, Jan 6, 2:55am

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 3:14am
Not a dealer anymore, and not surprised if the service i got in the last 2 days is anything to go by.

jmma, Jan 6, 3:22am
Anyone that deals in Lawnmaster should be able to help.
If you get stuck let me know, son owns a Lawnmower shop, Just between you and me (o:

m16d, Jan 6, 4:13am
Does he stock Troy Bilt parts. ?

jmma, Jan 6, 4:17am
He wouldn't stock them, but I can see if he can get them.

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 6:45am
I found out through relentless Googling (lol) that 99% of MTDs and Troy-Bilts are the same mower. I know the decks (and associated bits) and frame, running gear are the same.

snoopy221, Jan 6, 7:39am
Yeah MTD is ex bolens.
Terry fulcher (Mike's son) at mikes is a good man- sorta surprised to hear a bad word aboot Mikes Chainsaws.
Recommend you see Terry K

poppy62, Jan 6, 8:20am
Small Engine Spares 03 929 6586 (Alex Is the Guy).

pfemstn, Jan 6, 6:34pm
norwoods here are the agents!

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 8:52pm
Ok so I may be sourcing my bits from overseas myself. Got an email back from steelfort and the local agent is ag traction, which is good to know. However, the guy from steel fort entered the part numbers I need into his system and some of them the haven't stocked since 1998.
But they are available off the shelf from mtd in the US.
Question is, do I get local guy get it or do it myself?

poppy62, Jan 6, 9:18pm
Just be aware that some US companies do not ship to NZ.

attitudedesignz, Jan 6, 9:25pm
Yeah mate, would ascertain that first, would be silly to 'burn my bridges' with suppliers here only to find mtd doesn't ship internationally lol

supernova2, Jan 7, 12:38am
The likes of youshop overcomes that problem.

supernova2, Jan 7, 12:41am
Oh and dont forget lots of ride on need an 6 sided belt rather than a v. Often people put on v belts which twist and fall off so you then think you have pulley and adjuster issues when all you need is the proper belt

desmodave, Jan 7, 12:48am
A simple search for lawn mower parts came up with many online sites even a doctor for said machines . If it has a motor its motoring in my book .

desmodave, Jan 7, 12:57am
For my Craftsman $80 for the real deal with a hard backing that no 1 local had in stock or
$20 odd for a A93 that last a long time unless your in heavy going often .

supernova2, Jan 19, 3:11am
Is your belt running with the "back" on a flat idler or trying to run with the "back" in an opposing V pulley? The ones that use the "back' to drive a V pulley are the ones that need the 6 sided belts.