Does IAG own Parts Trader?

grangies, Mar 19, 5:37am
I've been forced to buy a few parts via Parts Trader lately, and the insurance assessor has found and placed an order number for me via Trade Saver. ( The assessor found the parts and gave me an order number I will pay )

They do get a good deal though.

I've got a "brand new" 2002 Altezza Gita rear bumper coming soon for about $230+GST delivered via Toyota NZ.

lookoutas, Mar 19, 5:39am
Yes - they do.

lookoutas, Mar 19, 5:54am
And they dictate again & again.

a.woodrow, Mar 19, 6:00am
Nothing like a reverse blind auction, the only ones making on this are the insurance co's.

treachug, Mar 19, 6:10am
Yeah all based from Level 7, Sovereign (as in insurance etc) House in Wellington. Search Partstrader on the govt Companies search. Makes for interesting reading.
They sure do have the hold over you repairers just as much as us parts suppliers.

grangies, Mar 19, 6:14am
They certainly do. And they have the corner marketed.

IAG rules the roost in New Zealand . And Vero too.

tjholding, Mar 19, 7:48pm
Except they dont own them at all.

Parts Trader Directors: http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/2236106/directors IAG New Zealand Directors: http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/441010/directors

From their own website:
http://www.partstrader.co.nz/public/whoweare.aspx
"PartsTrader New Zealand Ltd is a privately owned company registered in New Zealand. It is owned by Rob Cooper (Managing Director), Colin Bevan (Chief Technical Officer) and Intergen (NZ??

lookoutas, Mar 20, 4:58am
Well that's interesting - we've always been told it was owned by IAG.

Probably so they can hide behind Ruth's skirt and screw us.
They're getting heavy over some stupid issues at the moment.

But they are up one another somewhere along the line.
IAG seems to be the main Co, and there are no success fees attributed to IAG jobs. Whereas all other Co's etc, have to pay fees.

ozz1, Mar 20, 5:24am
yes they do have most of us screwed. local panel shops dont even buy local now. its all gotta go on parts trader. but in the same breath sell a lot out of town. and the freight companies get ritcher. but at least it keeps them in business and pays for their workers. do panel shops have to pay annual fees to be a part of partstrader?. ?

lookoutas, Mar 20, 6:30am
x1
Yeah - they're dickheads.
We can buy cheaper at the local wrecker's - no freight, get the right parts, and they don't arrive damaged.
But. have to go through P/Trader, and it costs the Insurance Co's more, coz a markup is then placed on a higher cost. Stuff them then - let them pay.

Which in turn puts the policies up too.

Don't know about an annual fee - will find out if I remember.
I'm picking that success fee will be their clobber.

Why don't IAG have a success fee? They've got a finger in there somewhere.

lookoutas, Mar 21, 4:28am
No annual fee.
They just rape in the success fee., and moan about the number of cancelled requests.
They obviously expect that a deal should go through even though the cars been written-off, or the customer has gone elsewhere or backed out of the repair.
Plonkers want their cake & eat it too!

owen106, Mar 21, 9:36am

tjholding, Mar 21, 11:34am
Guess/assumption only: they (IAG) pay a (large) annual fee to PT

survivalkiwi, Mar 21, 6:56pm
Interesting article in Marlborough express yesterday about a panel beater claiming insurance companies are telling clients to use their prefered repairers. He claims it is putting small firms out of businesss.

tjholding, Mar 21, 7:37pm
Is that the point of them having preferred repairers tho?

survivalkiwi, Mar 21, 7:43pm
He claims that it is bullieing tacktics by the insurance cos. He is wanting to let people know that they have a choice and do not have to go with who the insurance co says.

lookoutas, Mar 21, 8:17pm
If that's so - I guess they choose to pay (large) to one outfit, rather than the ones who do the hard work.

lookoutas, Mar 21, 8:24pm
The problem here is the trained 'seals' that answer the phones to command.
Only remedy is to advertise to let the public know they have final choice, and tell them to look at FMG next time their policy is due.

We get it all the time. The nearest "pet" repairer is 1 1/2 hours away from us.

lookoutas, Apr 8, 11:03pm
Found this today.
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/372739055.jpg

Wouldn't have a clue who's responsible.