How stop keyboard warriors commenting on Auction

kevlight, Jun 15, 8:23am
ZTrying to sell my car, and i feel bamboozled by opinions from key board warriors/non bidders ; is there a way to restrain them so i can sell my car in peace ?

budgel, Jun 15, 8:29am
If they have questions, answer them. If they make statements, thank them.

If they are negative, report them.

I just had a look and think you answered them well.

Anybody genuinely interested will see past their comments.

pandai, Jun 15, 8:30am
With your phone number on the auction, you might be lucky nobody is hassling you on that too.

sas777, Jun 15, 8:31am
Ah the Maxi again.
Hey Kev, you may be the victim of your own politeness, by giving out lengthy and well written answers to these people.
If this auction doesn't see the car sold, on the next one you could direct any questions over to the message boards, and start the next debate here.
A lot of people still don't know the message boards exist.

luxy, Jun 15, 8:42am
The problem is that you have responded to them. Don't answer their questions and just blacklist them. You will find that people asking questions like that will not buy

cagivachick1, Jun 15, 9:00am
you have stirred up the cloth cap brigade

ralphdog1, Jun 15, 9:13am
Can't understand why you are so keen on telling everyone it's not suitable as a daily driver. At the end of the day that is a subjective judgement, that everyone can make for themselves.

gammelvind, Jun 15, 9:31am
That is the issue I felt as well reading your answers. If they buy it let them drive it as they see fit. The right buyer will turn up, but suggest you let them decide on drivability.

kevlight, Jun 15, 5:20pm
I wish they would make that judgement ,but keep the opinion to them selves not post it on my Q and A.

. where if i do not answer, it it looks like im avoiding a Question

,,,Do i want to sell the car to some one who thinks its capable of being a sole use daily driver. it bloody well is not.

. if that is too hard to absorb or understand then i don't know how else to explain it;.
Its a 1970 car 45 years old, in immaculate /original condition,with a full service history/records going back to day of purchase 45 years ago;.

. ITS slow it doesn't have the pick up ,acceleration of a modern car the brakes have been checked out,they are fine ,but its a big heavy car,only 1500cc and doesn't slow down or stop like a modern car., it was designed in the 50's , thats 60 years ago ,! ,the British just keep turning out the same old same old stuff for decades.

. while the world moved on the British bulldog,stuck its head in the sand and Marked time. Triumph motor cycle? /BSA/ Norton /Ariel/Matchless, all from the same Era . would you daily drive them ?
BMC /Rootes Vauxhall/Triumph/Austin /Morriss/,Wolsley/Rover /Singer, and my alltime favorite , Jowett Javelin,

. if some one thinks that im going to say, and agree with an opinion subjective or not, they are wrong .

. The Girl that wanted to buy my 1970 Triumph 2500,had never driven a non power steer car before ; it was to be her only vehicle ;her first question was ;"Does it go Hard ?", i directed her to the Skyline,for sale, up the road
. Ive spent a lot of time effort and money bringing these cars, up to scratch,is it not too much to ask that the next buyer ,continues with some sympathy and consideration with the effort that has been expended ?

. you say,"its not my concern that some one wants to drive it in city traffic . and use it as a daily driver,",,i do not actually care about that . ,what i do care about is my name and reputation in a Small Country town;

. im NOT agreeing with something i believe is wrong ,IMHO.

. my whole point that "i do not agree its a daily driver in a city "seems to stick in some peoples craw" and irritate the hell out of them, enough to venture a opinion on the Auction ,Question and Answer .

. i do not agree its a daily driver ,surely I'm entitled to my opinion?

. I will not, say its a daily driver, just to please some one on a remote keyboard on the web.

. i know there are people out there that drive old classics to work and play, good on them ,i see a lot of young people doing up old cars and having fun ,that the way its supposed to be

. i will sell my car to some one who appreciates the time and effort i have put in ,,, thats more important to me than the dollars. or the "i think your a Dinosaur,and as such, you should not have an opinion ?

noswalg, Jun 15, 7:53pm
Funny you should say that, my neighbors BSA lightning went up to Auckland yesterday to be used as a daily rider by his mate. It starts, runs and stops fine for what it is, yeah it's not modern but who cares, some people love that.

sifty, Jun 15, 8:07pm
Another thread. ?
I reckon you're just self-promoting.

piperguy, Jun 15, 9:17pm
Once it's sold it's not your responsibility. I would hate to enquire about a car I wanted only for the seller to turn his nose up at me and decide I wasn't worthy of it. Just take their money and be happy!

kazbanz, Jun 15, 9:23pm
kev--they are dangling the bait --YOU are biting.
stop biting and they will stop dangling the bait.
For example
Do you think its a daily driver?
Don't go into a big reply.
try-"it is a 45 year old car so only you can make that judgement if you are the winning bidder.
-See--don't bite. Don't get emotional.

whqqsh, Jun 16, 12:21am
just blacklist anyone being silly

richardmayes, Jun 10, 9:36am
I feel your pain - my wife sells a mix of purebred and cross-breed chickens that we hatch in our back yard.

Chicken people are even madder than car people, and even worse than car people for having an opinion about absolutely everything, and wanting to tell everyone else they are WRONG at any opportunity.

We just respond to inappropriate comments in the Q&A with a simple "Hi [person's real name]. The item is as I have described above. Please do not sabotage my auction with incorrect and irrelevant comments."

And then immediately blacklist them. It's just not worth the hassles.