VW Amerok utes depreciating fast?

peacebird15, Nov 9, 10:59am
I dont mean fast (cant edit heading!), but they seem to be alot less second hand than the japanese offerings when new prices are taken into account, or am I mistaken?
Have the worked out to be reliable in the long term?

vtecintegra, Nov 9, 5:49pm
They haven't beenbout long enough to make a call yet

As for depreciation they'd seem to be following the same curve as other VW produxts

richardmayes, Nov 11, 9:31am
There's only one model, it's similar spec to the top model Navara, for about the same price. but is having that flash VW badge on the front of your work truck, really worth running the risk that that clever 4motion auto gearbox and bi-turbo diesel engine (that isn't really any more powerful than anything else out there) will grenade just like all those guys at the black stump keep telling you eurotrash tends to do?

Farmers and builders drive Toyotas and Nissans, that's the status quo, you're taking a punt buying a VW truck.

I suspect that's the main issue. ?

franc123, Oct 28, 4:24pm
Lack of aftersales support in the more rural parts of the NZ has been the biggest stumbling block for VW since the old Beetle got replaced by the Golf (and resulting huge drop in local sales volume) 40 years ago, commercial vehicles always need attention and the service network simply isn't comprehensive enough compared to Ford, Holden, Toyota and the other volume selling brands. It would put me off.