Car parts from Australia - Youshop equivalent?

rbd, Sep 8, 10:27am
I've now used NZ post Youshop a few times for items from the UK or USA where shippers would not ship direct. I've found it far far cheaper than typical direct USA->NZ postage rates.

I've found a number of things on Australia Ebay but most shippers won't ship to NZ.

Is there something similar to Youshop for Aussie->NZ?

I've been buying a number of Nissan optional parts (roof racks, park sensors etc) for a 2014 Nissan for well under 50% of the Nissan NZ rate (including the shipping). More rip-off NZ pricing.

franc123, Sep 8, 10:44am
Just a bit of patience needed, I got notification a while back from NZ Post that YouShop Australia was the next development in the pipeline. They just have to get a logistics co over there on board who will handle it for them I'd say, its clear there is big demand for the service.

petermcg, Sep 9, 7:28am
I have been at them to add australia as aussies dont post. Also told them that adding china to you shop was a waste of time.

rbd, Sep 9, 8:10am
Yes Aussie is sorely needed. I've found Aussie companies less willing even than the yanks to post overseas.

I've found the Australian market for new OEM carparts much better than here. Individual dealers in Aussie seem to hold their own stock (and eventually sell cheaply), whereas the same parts here are only stocked in the national warehouse at silly prices.

seadubya, Sep 9, 8:27am
x1

franc123, Jul 15, 9:18am
Yes its often possible to buy OEM stuff from (usually) the metro dealers in Oz for less including freight than what you pay for the knockoff junk from the usual retail outfits here. They certainly seem to have pretty large and diverse inventories of parts that the locals wouldn't bother with. The states is much the same, even with the falloff in exchange rate its still cheaper.