07 Civic fog light lens

bryshaw, Aug 30, 6:13am
has cracked. Replacing is right expensive, so are there any glass sealers to keep the water out? They apparently crack at he mere sight of a stone.

franc123, Aug 30, 6:45am
Best thing to do is buy some Lite Skinz, this is a thick transparent adhesive material that's used to cover the entire lense as an alternative to a clip over acrylic cover, you simply cut it to size. It can't be bent around sharp curves so it may be helpful to put some clear araldite on the edges if its cracked right through. You can buy single sheets intended for motorcycle use instead of buying the two large pieces that are made for cars, which may be enough to do the other light too. Readily available from the main auto parts retailers.

bryshaw, Aug 30, 7:23am
Thanks, I suspect it hasn't fractured right through so I wondered if a clear sealer might work.

franc123, Aug 30, 7:31am
Well yes it could, for small holes a clear silicone works ok, or some clear araldite but the latter is harder to work with due to being a bit too fluid before it cures if you know what I mean. At least the LiteSkin will also prevent further damage, another hit could bugger it completely when its already been weakened.

bryshaw, Aug 30, 11:19pm

franc123, Aug 30, 11:28pm
Yep bang on.

bryshaw, Aug 18, 9:26am
Thanks I'll give it a try. Sadly my glass insurance doesn't cover lights.