Help - Accord wagon seats to fit Civic!

korie, Jan 6, 9:23pm
Can anyone help -

See listing 437879525.

Front seats from a CF6 Accord Wagon, seller says "they are the SIR model seats but should fit any Accord 1998-2001".

I have a '96 Civic vti-s with full leather interior but front seats have started to crack and rip.I had prices checked out to re-cover: perfectly colour matched vinyl will be $800-1200, at least another $500 on top of that for leather.So looking for alternatives.
a) does anyone know if the above seats are likely to fit!
b) if not, is it just my current tracks that would need to be changed!
c) if tracks need to be changed, is it significant labour/hassle/cost!
d) any other suggestions!I've put a classified on TM (listing 436536536) looking for seats but not much feedback as yet.

Cheers for any help - much appreciated

zirconium, Jan 6, 9:28pm
What about just putting seat covers on them! - You can get some NICE ones for much less than what you are suggesting here. :)

korie, Jan 6, 9:32pm
Yes cheaper option but I think they look tacky - even the 'nice' ones.Car is in pretty good condition for a '96 so want to keep it looking that way, plan is to hang on to it as long as poss so would rather spend a bit keeping it in shape.Cheers though

vtecintegra, Jan 6, 9:42pm
Also the EK Civic factory seats aren't exactly supportive so swapping something nicer in is a good idea. Those ones aren't going to fit without modification though.

Is your Civic a hatch or sedan!

korie, Jan 6, 9:43pm
Hatch

trdbzr, Jan 6, 10:31pm
Have a look at ebay and some shops over in USA. They might have a DIY kit for cheap. Otherwise get the seller to measure up all the dimensions of the seats and then you can compare it to your seats. I don't know whether it will bolt up to your factory rails or not, but since they are factory seats you might be able to get away with uncertified aftermarket rails/modified factory rails at WOF time.

andy61, Jan 6, 10:39pm
Have you considered getting fabric seats from another Civic(same shape Civic),usually they are more comfortable than hard dried out leather.The Accord seats will not fit as they are bigger,wider etc.

korie, Jan 6, 10:50pm
I'd rather stick with at least some leather (or vinyl) - eg the Accord seats are still leather trim - just to keep some consistency with the rear seats which are leather and in good condition.Been in touch with the seller, I'll be in Auckland in a couple of weeks so I may go to see them in person so we can compare the size/colour etc (provided they're not sold in the mean time).

So hard to find Civic interior!I keep checking TM listings but they're all for door panels etc not seats, so I'll look into anything if there's any chance I can make them fit.

grangies, Jan 7, 7:05am
Give these folks a call.

http://www.stronghonda.co.nz/

korie, Jan 7, 11:46pm
Thanks for the link tuttyclan, I didn't think to look under 'Mitsubishi' for Honda parts.

Will check out Strong Honda if none of the ones I've found so far go ahead.
Thanks all, making progress!

ozz1, Jan 8, 12:07am
.try les at hondarec rotorua.

vtecintegra, Jan 8, 12:09am
You'll need seats out of another hatch so people will still be able to get into and out of the back seats. Seats from a four or five door car don't do the tilt and slide thing.

korie, Jan 8, 2:25am
GGrrraaahhh damn I didn't even think of that!Thanks heaps will keep it in mind

trdbzr, Jan 8, 3:52am
$330nzd including shipping for two front seat leather covers or $160nzd including shipping for front and rear seat covers in vinyl, all brand new