Importing parts

Page 1 / 2
bigfatmat1, Jun 4, 8:50am
Any favorite sites out there for car parts. Just being nosy and comparing prices

supernova2, Jun 4, 10:24am
I've just been pricing up some Hyundai parts and Amazon came up with a well known brand at $18NZ. - freight free 8 days. Best local price for nongenuine I could find was $174.

Ive found if you have the genuine part number a google of the number often turns up a few sites with the appropriate part both genuine and aftermarket

kecal, Jun 6, 6:01am
ha we just received an order of mini parts from the uk,
took 6 days, and a shit load less cash.
not a huge order but well be doing it again , was a trial run. no customs or duty but we only spernt $200 .

seadubya, Jun 6, 6:04am
Make and model mat?
kecal - minisport, minispares and med-engineering among others, are all very reliable for freighting mini parts. Just need to choose you quality level.

intrade, Jun 6, 6:11am
i used rexbo.eu a few times

ozz1, Jun 6, 6:16am
just down the street and around the corner . if you ask nicely?

gsimpson, Jun 6, 7:16am
https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/ for FIAT/ Alfa (just around the corner Repco ryco filter $46, shop4parts genuine part $9)

bigfatmat1, Jun 6, 7:17am
I do need a knock sensor Oz for my sub bh5. You got any lying around?

bigfatmat1, Jun 6, 7:17am
Was mainly looking for a timing belt kit

gmphil, Jun 6, 7:34am
brought a chain kit couple days ago off shore but off trademe and was free shipping still waiting is 8 days ship

cabrio1, Jun 6, 7:37am
Bought a cambelt kit for my golf. $129 nzd delivered from the states.
Best local price $340 plus gst plus shipping.
Took 14 days to arrive but worth the wait.
eBay.

intrade, Jun 6, 7:40am
timing belt for subaru are never cheap 12 items its like 2 engines on most parts 2 idle pulleys 2 camshaft seals etc what prices have you got?

gsimpson, Jun 6, 8:08am
Bought cambelt kit Fiat 2.4 $75 inc freight. Here in less than a week ex europe.
http://www.eurocarcare.net/

bigfatmat1, Jun 6, 9:08am
Around the 4hundred mark its a quadcam/twincam I got the car for next to nothing trying to maximise profit cause I am a tight ass

nuberanda, Jun 6, 9:28am
I have used Rexbo as well, very pleased. About to place another order, including parts for my girlfriend's odd cars (ke30 and Subaru ace). Who would have thought it's easier to find parts for old/odd jap cars than in nz

bashfulbro, Jun 6, 11:50pm

ozz1, Jun 7, 5:07am
only bh9 ej25 non t or ej20 be5 non t. or ej25 non t forrester. and ej25 s /t 2005 nz imp. youre the expert. :) will any do the job?

tulip17, Jun 8, 12:22am
And retailers here wonder why folk by pass them and buy online lolollll every greedy dog has its day !

bigfatmat1, Jun 8, 3:56am
I think they all the same. I'll pop in

ozz1, Jun 8, 5:01am
no problem matt. bring your brolley. mary poppins. ? :))
but PLEASE be aware. there is a little puppy patrolling the yard. you big sook. :)

ozz1, Jun 8, 5:03am
oh . and he is still an angry. little puppy.

bigfatmat1, Jun 8, 6:29am
yes he doesn't like indians.

tamarillo, Jun 8, 6:49am
To be fair that's a generic copy part whereas Toyota will only have original Toyota part. though still a stupid price agreed.

bashfulbro, Jun 17, 12:20am
You are right Tamarillo, they are , they arrived today, perfect fit, all holes in correct place etc, they are very bit as as good as the Toyota ones,and i saved over $400

intrade, Jun 17, 12:31am
i am just researching parts for a daihatsu mira , the guy has had his balljoint rebuilt 2 times now in the last 6 month the first time for free under warranty , because they could not find a balljoint for the mira, so i said i try find him a new balljoint but no guarantee but looks like i found it on rexbo as the mira is called the cuore in europe.
So why do i have to import parts from germany for a japanese car . thats byone me but its what we seem to need to do to finally have a fully new balljoint whom is part of the suspension on this make well so be it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Mira