Drivers Seat Rail Extension

proracer, Jul 5, 8:18pm
It it possble to Do, To gain some more leg room.

poppy62, Jul 5, 8:25pm
What car?

sw20, Jul 5, 8:33pm
Possible yes. Requires certification though.

proracer, Jul 5, 8:36pm
Really.

proracer, Jul 5, 8:36pm
2002 Chevorlet Cruze

proracer, Jul 5, 8:37pm
Who certified to do it?

sw20, Jul 5, 8:37pm

tamarillo, Jul 5, 8:49pm
In older cars I sometimes found there was a stop in the rail of the seat runner that was maybe further forward than strictly needed . Heavily on side of caution. I might have pulled the odd one out and drilled a new hole for it further back so as to get the seat further back.
But newer cars have far to much electronics and shit down there to do this, and not knowing your car I can't say. I'd imagine there very little if any motors or stuff. it's a daewoo I believe. You might find that it s a simple runner system with a simple stop. Officially even moving a stop requires cert but at least doing that isn't obvious so no one will know and no money involved.
Nowadays I simply can't have cars with not enough seat range, indeed sold a perfectly good Mark X because of lack of room.

kazbanz, Dec 4, 8:11am
It MIGHT be cheaper/easier to grab a seat out of a Holden cruise of the same shape.Ie same vehicle for the au market might have longer seat rails. I also agree with Tam. If the car is a jap import and you flip the seat over you may find that there is a stopper on the rails to prevent the seat going all the way back.

based on my memory that the first chevy/holden cruise was in fact a Suzuki swift with a few cosmetic changes.