Velour seat fabric

contagious, Sep 7, 2:02pm
Seats in mk 5 cortina ,best way to clean them tried a steam cleaner sadly pills the fabric even with heat turned down wonder how a low pressure water blaster would go

andy61, Sep 7, 4:21pm
I take the covers off the seat frame/foam(I`m a car upholsterer) and put them thru the washing machine (if really dirty, I soak them in warm water first then machine wash), however try washing them with a bucket of warm soapy water(use laundry powder) and wet them well , gently scrub them then rinse out with clean water, and dry off with towels, best to do on a warm dry to help speed up the drying.Can sometimes be easier to clean the seats if you take them out of the car.

the-lada-dude, Sep 7, 5:04pm
I got tricked once, a mate suggested napalm, never again ! . ended up like a Cheech and Chong movie, . " Up in s,,,,,"

gsimpson, Sep 7, 7:45pm
How about one of those spray on fabric cleaners and vacuum off?

2sheddies, Sep 7, 9:38pm
I use stuff like this combined with simple green, disinfectant spray, bucket of warm water and a cloth. Test any cleaner on an inconspicuous area first incase it does something nasty to your upholstery! Good if you want to get the seats clean and germ free to sit on quickly, as it dries relatively fast, but nowhere near as good a result as washing them as suggested above. But I can imagine the seats could potentially take days to property dry out if you soak them through, so no good if you need the car sooner rather than later.

Now, let's see if Jazz appears in this thread because I'm damn sure he made a youtube video on upholstery cleaning which involved using $2 shop stuff called LA's Totally Awesome combined with some gadget, but I can't remember all the in's and out's but he achieved good results.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 1, 5:01pm
Do you own an air compressor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09kdTkGV9k

Just use the tornador only. Brilliant and super gentle. My guess is the pilling was because you were using the steamer with a brush/cloth?