Harness seat belts on the road - closed car

Page 2 / 2
bill-robinson, Sep 6, 3:12pm
if i was you i would get some 'E' marked 4 strap belts were the buckle stays on 1 strap and the other straps are separate and plug into the buckle. fit them and see what happens. the belts you show in the photo do not comply as the shoulder straps are not separate from the lap straps. shoulder straps need to be 3 inch wide ones as well. talk to the compliance person and see what he requires or your WOF person. they will know as they are passing judgement on them. remember I know nothing and i only give opinions and my experiences

tegretol, Sep 6, 11:51pm
No true. I have a UK built AC Cobra replica that has 5-point harness belts - complied here and no mention about any such card being required. Never had a problem getting WOFs.

rsr72, Sep 7, 8:08am
Had both fitted for closed car dual use for many years and saved any potential hassle with bureaucracy. Police though never complained at all over using the harness on the road.

socram, Oct 3, 11:09pm
I presume you are talking about the Targa car? In which case, it would have an authority card. Police may not be interested, (I wouldn't be either if I was a cop!) but at WoF time, they always check the authority card. No card, no WoF.