Diahatsu Charade parts availability

omega2611, Aug 15, 11:53am
Hi All

A question to owners of diahatsu charade's.

Are parts becoming difficult to locate now as my 2007 charade failed WOF on leaking master brake cylinder and as been in the local Toyota workshop sinve last week waiting for replacement parts.

I rang them Monday and they told me they were still looking for the replacement parts.

Are any other owners having this sort of trouble?

saxman99, Aug 15, 12:26pm
Depending on exact model required there seems to be lots available on that big overseas website that starts with e and ends with Bay.

franc123, Aug 15, 12:42pm
Some things will be problematic yes, especially those parts not shared with similar Toyota models. While Toyota are still providing support for them the Daihatsu brand has effectively been withdrawn from NZ as of a couple of years back. Long term it would be best to buy something else unless you like to spend time tracking down and purchasing your own parts.

omega2611, Aug 15, 1:26pm
Franc123 . yes you would be right. time consuming in tje past looking for s electric door switch

intrade, Aug 15, 1:37pm
they sent my mate in taumarunui a letter for his daihatsu rugger. that toyota no longer supply parts. but they will do there best to try and supply any but in the meantime buy a new toyota instead the letter basically said.
Thats quite some years ago now.
I have had to buy a suspension component for a mira from europe rexbo.eu.
However rexbo has also folded and no one ships parts at a payable cost to new zealand. The only ones who do want a flat fee for shipping of 167 euros.
What i done for my holedn astra purchased it off ebay and got my friend from stuttgart to ship it over he made 5 gifts out of it lol. was 16 valves waterpump headgasket headbolts oil filters the lot for total rebuild.
he paid 35 euro shipping for the 5 parcels . and i did not have to pay the thugs at the border import taxes thanks to him.
only chance you would have if micks garage uk has any listings they where similar priced as rexbo was overall

budgel, Aug 15, 1:42pm
I would ring Repco or some parts supplier other than Toyota and see if they can supply it. If what you refer to as the local Toyota workshop is part of a dealer franchise, you will be paying heaps for their labour, and be waiting for genuine parts.

intrade, Aug 15, 1:45pm
not looking good. https://www.micksgarage.com/home
the falling doller also dont helps you could look if usa had daihatsu on Rockauto There will be nothing sent to nz soon with tax laws that offshore has to collect gst for the goverment thugs before shipping.
Who in hell would want to collect the tax for a country they are not part off.
only in Retardistan that one.

snoopy221, Aug 15, 1:56pm
B N T gisborne would be my FIRST call on that ring em with ya rego number

https://www.bntnz.co.nz/profile/website/view/accountId/14830

intrade, Aug 15, 2:05pm
see if you can get parts for a subaru pleo
Daihatsu Cuore
Daihatsu Domino
Daihatsu Handivan
Subaru Pleo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Mira

elect70, Aug 15, 2:47pm
Worst case can always get it rebuilt at half cost of new . .

supernova2, Aug 15, 8:32pm
Exactly. Last rebuild I had done was an overnight service. Couriered to them on Monday afternoon, back on my doorstep 8am wednesday.

horsygirl, Oct 25, 12:19pm
Dia would sound about right.