PPI inspectors asking and commenting on price

Page 3 / 3
cjohnw, Aug 14, 7:30pm
Yes, maybe you are correct, but he did not use the word “potential” did he?
It was all encompassing: “all buyers are liars”.
And that must include me.

bumfacingdown, Aug 14, 7:37pm
But could also be a generalisation which does not mean its to be taken literally as "all", just the same as when people say all second hand car salesmen are sharks, that is patently not true

secca2, Aug 14, 8:20pm
car buyer, get an inspection done, car dealer trading in cars, get an inspection done, common sense isn't it? so neither can complain duh!

kazbanz, Aug 15, 12:08pm
It never works like that. Dealers in the very best scenario have 10 minutes to physically assess a trade in car. in fairness yes there if often the chance to follow up on service history,any finance issues ( money owing) etc. but physical checking you have 10 minutes. Then a switched on dealer will also do a quick check over to be sure its still the same car /condition just before handing over the keys to the new car.
Trade ins have been known to overnight loose radios, expensive alloy wheels,even normal wheels with nearly new tyres, Sports exhaust systems. Expensive after market suspension.etc etc. Heck they even "loose' spare wheels and jacks.

kazbanz, Aug 15, 12:29pm
Take it as "guilty until proven innocent " and would include you.
Trust in both directions is not a given it is definitely earned.
I assume by your vexation that you immediately trust every word told to you by a car dealer you have never dealt with before. --If not then credit dealers with the same right not to trust.
I have a lot of customers quite frankly I would leave my wallet with them with utter confidence. We have earned mutual trust and respect.
Others sent to us by local by mechanics I know there's a major issue with the trade in. Its the reason the mechanic sent them. Its up to me to work out what the problem actually is because the inevitable response when questioned is " Ohh "jim" (the mechanic) just said I should get a new car "

kazbanz, Aug 15, 12:34pm
You are under level 3 lockdown then?
The people of YOUR city have been told to "go home stay home" ?
You have had your income totally shut down as a result?
You have immune compromised family ?

3tomany, Aug 15, 1:45pm
I get days like that to all good.

3tomany, Aug 15, 1:50pm
Dang

toenail, Aug 15, 2:24pm
just sell cars in the $80k+ price range, you will find the dealings a lot more professional, and when people trade in their 2 year old car for $60k, it's not going to have OEM wheels swapped out or radios missing.

sellers have control of the market they want to be in and the type of people they deal with on a day to day basis. So if everyday people that you come across are liars or waste your time on trying to get a $250 discount, why not move up market?

cjohnw, Aug 15, 2:33pm
Well, I certainly wouldn’t want to bore you with my current medical condition.
But 4 cancer operations and 2 seperate 6 week bouts of radiation treatment certainly compromises your immunity.
We are from Auckland and only relocated closer to our grandkids after the cancer operations late last year, and I still have a business interest in Auckland which is also closed. We have had virtually zero drawings from that since January and we are living on personal savings.
We get nothing at all from the government, unlike many, and we have all been through total lockdown haven’t we?
My daughter has been in lockdown in Melbourne almost 4 months.
So, I feel for everyone effected and stressed by this damn virus.
But Kaz, I am not a liar and certainly have never walked onto a car yard thinking, I am going to embellish all this to see if I can save a few bucks.
I admit I did not appreciate your comment: buyers are liars.
I am a buyer, but not a liar.
Best we leave it at that.
Cheers.

cjohnw, Aug 15, 2:35pm
Good point. That has been my purchasing history for probably the past 25 years. Without incident at all. Good deals, nice vehicles ( mostly), no stress.
Point well made.

curlcrown, Aug 15, 3:16pm
Kaz, a serious well meaning question. Are you closed under level 3? If so why?

toenail, Aug 15, 3:21pm
Yep, a takeaway cook in Otara is going to have a certain bias of the 'customer' than the head chef at French Cafe on Symonds Street.

Both demanding businesses in their own right, but it's all about 'tunnel vision' based on ones perspective of the world.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 1:01pm
Mate -(and yea I think of you as one) -Im genuinely sorry to hear about your medical condition.
I appreciate your point of view as im sure you can appreciate mine.
Mine is based on 30 or more years in this specific industry.
Lets just say that selling/ trading cars from 5-40k Ive seen / heard a fair few porkies in my time--a fair few of em ive posted on here.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 1:05pm
Closed no but respecting the C19 guidelines.
Chain across the gate stopping the normal car load of family driving in. But not stopping people walking in. Big sign asking them to scan in or provide their details etc etc. But it seems Aucklanders are either doing as "advised" -staying home or are taking it as a big holiday.

bumfacingdown, Aug 16, 1:14pm
The rest are trying to head for their bolt holes in the Coromandel

cjohnw, Aug 16, 1:43pm
Absolutely.
Chin up mate.

electromic, Dec 5, 10:10pm
You could write a book about your experiences. could be a great read. I hope business picks up after COVID.