How do I remove something stuck in seat belt latch

christin, Dec 19, 6:15pm
? I have googled and tried the bread snd butter knife etc but not budging, I can’t see anyway of undoing it, and don’t want to try that as still under warranty.

Any ideas? The button moves, although a bit stiff but could be because of the jam. The male bit comes out a little but won’t come out completely!

It is the middle back seat belt, snd it’s just me and sometimes a passenger in the car so not super urgent but would like to try snd remove it!

Thank you

kazbanz, Dec 19, 6:31pm
is it a new car--or new to you? Do you know what "it" is jammed in there?

franc123, Dec 19, 6:38pm
About the only thing you can do is turn it upside down and try and dislodge whats in it by tapping it. If it can't be inverted in situ it may have to be unbolted from the floor. If you have access to compressed air you could try blowing air into the tongue receptacle and see if that does anything.

christin, Dec 19, 6:45pm
It’s a 1 and a bit year old car, hence why I don’t want to play around with it too much. It’d a dog seatbelt thing. I’d attaches fo dog collar ans to seatbelt latch

I don’t know if it will be covered under car warranty as it’s not the actual seatbelt, so they may say the leash but caused it but have used many times before,

Also can’t get to a dealer currently due to working and being busy as over Xmas so would like to try ans get it out here if possible,

christin, Dec 19, 6:46pm
I tried a can of compressed air no luck

franc123, Dec 19, 6:52pm
Ok, best you leave it until you can get your service agent to.look at it.

christin, Dec 19, 6:56pm
Will do. Wonder if they’ll charge me since it’s a non standard part that’s stuck!

Will keep trying minor things in the meantime but won’t take anything apart! Not that I can even see how!

duncb, Dec 19, 7:43pm
A can of compressed air may be a bit lightweight. An air compressor with a propor nozzle will be a lot more powerfull.All garages and most home mechanics etc will have one

itsafamilything, Dec 19, 8:08pm
The service agent does not need to see it as it is not a factory equipped item. Bend a piece of wire, use a small magnet, use a powerful LED torch, remove, turn upside down and tap. Wash it soak it in detergent water, use the vacuum cleaner on it. Not necessarily in the order stated but just a few ideas.

christin, Dec 19, 8:09pm
Yeah unfortunately that’s all I had here, just thought if dust or something small may have got it out.

I think mum may have one of my dads if she hasn’t sold or given it away,

christin, Dec 19, 9:00pm
Got it undone! Bread snd butter knife but put down a fraction further snd it popped it out! Thought I’d gone far the first time but obviously not enough,

gph1961, Dec 19, 9:29pm
lucky you didnt get that 300 bux torch

christin, Oct 8, 9:42am
I thought seeing as the actual latch bit was factory equipped I didn’t want to muck that up by pulling things apart and voiding the two years left of warranty I have on it, or putting liquids etc down there.

And I meant that they may charge me some hideous dealer rate cause the seatbelt that was in there wasn’t the factory one, so could have blamed thst.

But all sorted noe :-). And that belt thing don’t be used again.