Where to go Pre purchase inspection

jojo76, Dec 4, 10:14am
I want a full inspection not just mechanical, I’ve not heard good things about AA, out of the bigger outfits like Midas, any recommendations out of those? . The vehicle is in Invercargill. Thanks

serf407, Dec 4, 11:18am
Depends on which brand the vehicle is, sometimes the dealership mechanics can be ok, if they work on the same models everyday. They know where the faults can be.

likit, Dec 4, 11:42am
I’ve always used AA & never had any problems, this is always when vehicle is in another city, otherwise use my mechanic.

cattleshed, Dec 4, 12:02pm
Yes but the problem there is that you do not know what you do not know. In other words I have looked AhAh inspected cars and some issues they have completely missed and other claimed issues stated by them have proved to be incorrect. One such claim was re the auto trans! Another was that there were oil leaks and it was dry as a bone! There have been too many issues!

jojo76, Dec 4, 12:18pm
Pretty sure most those dealships mechanic only offer mechanical. I will email and ask though.

kazbanz, Dec 4, 1:25pm
Is this a fresh import car or had an owner?
If it is a fresh import then I would ask to see the compliance sheet AND the Auction sheet for the car before worrying about any inspections you pay for.

tgray, Dec 4, 2:16pm
If you are OK getting warnings like "stiff rear view mirror", then the AA is for you.

intrade, Dec 4, 2:20pm
fresh import have to comply usually to tuff inspection unless years ago a guy done dodgey import inspections i recall the engine fall out on a caldina after it was complienced scamstain was the guys trade name.

ash4561, Oct 14, 4:40pm
aa and vtnz are ok if you dont know who else you are getting