VTNZ Pre-purchase inspection WASTE OF MONEY

isaiah38, Jan 25, 6:38am
I had one of these done before I brought a car last week, got the car on Saturday and have had to pay $450 on tyres and wheel alignment just yesterday. The car has noise coming from the tappets and a few loose belts, the gear changes are not smooth at all and I got nothing, If I was to find that these things meant there was something really wrong I couldn't do jack because I had the car checked by a professional. I called to complain and was told that it is only good for that day. what a crock of shiv. Where is the icon for the finger!

andrea_w, Jan 25, 6:45am
x1
Sorry to say, this isn't new news!

isaiah38, Jan 25, 6:49am
Was news to me. Dam I wish I had of asked more questions before ordering one.

neo_psy, Jan 25, 9:21am
Did you drive it before you bought it! Tappet noise and gear changes should have been apparent.

franc123, Jan 25, 9:31am
A VTNZ PPI might not be any different to a VTNZ WOF.How the hell someone can assess a vehicle properly without road testing it is anyones guess.

andrea_w, Jan 25, 9:35am
I would say an educated guess. but the word 'educated' may be going a bit far!

friendly_prawn, Jan 25, 9:44am
Biker_69 Thats just what I would have posted,although you gone in to it in more detail than I could have.

Itsthe problem with a lot of people these days, bitch and whine, but dont do anything about it.Not aimed at you poster 1, but at people in general.

O/P, if you really want to do something about it, take biker_69's advice. It is really really good advice.

andrea_w, Jan 25, 9:49am
I'll give that a +1!

sunny03, Jan 25, 10:19am
where was it done what year n make of car!

andrea_w, Feb 3, 4:46pm
You what. ! Is what I'm reading true. or is that simply just a typo!