SRS' light on. 1999 Honda Legend.C35A34000xxx

tmenz, Mar 23, 11:10pm
Before I do anything wrong or irrevocable??

tmenz, Mar 24, 3:03am
I've now discovered that the airbag module can be accessed by progressively removing bits of the seat upholstery. Obvious to me now that seat replacement is not necessary - (still begs the question of what happens if the airbag is triggered - a new back section of upholstery required, I guess!)
The fault appears to be a poor connection in the module itself - strategic pressure on the plastic casing makes the SIDE AIRBAG light come and go.
Is there a plug/socket inside the module or is it replaced complete with loom if faulty. I'm guessing that opening the module is a big NO-NO so I certainly won't try.

pandai, Mar 24, 3:58am
The 'Side Airbag' light is not a fault light - It is supposed to tell you when it has disabled the airbag, because the passenger is sitting funny, or is not that heavy (sometimes objects on the seat will trigger it too).

For the other SRS light, just go and have the code identified and/or cleared, it might not come back on.

vtecintegra, Mar 24, 4:06am
When the side bag on my Nissan was triggered they just replaced the whole seat.

BTW you mentioned sheepskin covers - you should remove these if they weren't specifically designed with side airbags in mind

tmenz, Mar 24, 4:14am
They are just inserts that go over the centre panels of the back and seat - they don't cover the sides at all and won't impede the airbags.

vtecintegra, Mar 24, 4:16am
Good stuff, a lot of people unknowingly block off the seat airbags with full covers

tmenz, Mar 24, 4:20am
OK thanks, I never considered that. I don't know how it would do it - there are only 2 wires in the yellow loom and they go into the airbag module itself - there don't appear to be any sensors elsewhere in the seat!

vtecintegra, Mar 24, 4:23am
Its possible the fault has gone away and all that needs to be done is reset the light.

I'd take ask Honda how much they want to diagnose it - its not necessarily going to be expensive

tmenz, Mar 24, 4:37am
Thanks.
I think I will do that - I'll get them to reset the SRS light and quote on replacing the airbag module as well - in case it's intermittent and I need to get it replaced at some point - looks like it's just a couple of bolts and some cable ties holding it in so labour should be minimal!

rkauto, Aug 20, 11:17am
air bag module will be in the center of the car,normaly around the center consul bolted to the floor.