Nissan ute

wimwom, Oct 14, 8:14am
Ihave a old d21 datsun ute with a z16 petrol engine in it which is tired.These engines are very difficult to find any info about so i'd like to ditch it and replace it with another 1600/1800 that will bolt in,any idea's!I would like to keep the rest of the running gear standard.

falcon15, Oct 14, 8:16am
a z24 from a d22 nivara would be a bolt in replacement i would think

intrade, Oct 14, 8:19am
be carfull some of these engines are taller and your bonnet myght not shut , we wanted to fit one of them in a van and you cant as the seats are above the engine on ute you could have a bonnet scoop do

wimwom, Oct 14, 9:02am
Cheers. I was looking at one of the latermodel motors, cant remember if it was a j16 or l16 but was told it wont bolt to gearbag.Dont really want to go to a 2.4 engine and thought they were injected!

intrade, Oct 14, 9:04am
you can use the block if the inlet and exhaust bolts on i think was a z20 engine and we were gona fit a z24 but it was taller so no got for the van. also be awear chain rattle will burn out valves over timeif the chain rattles to mutch and the guids are stuffed , We could not easy find az20 so made out of 2 engines one and it was a nightmare to get the chainguids and all changed over and then the timing right dont even bother with aengine you hear chain rattle its real hard to fix that as the tensioners are usually also stuffed and coaked up from no oil-changes

cowlover, Oct 14, 11:36am
Our 91 D21 Navara Kingcab has a z24 carb engine which has done 800k.Has never been apart.I would think all the Z series would have the same bolt pattern for the gearbag.As the z24 was a factoy option the smaller ones must fit uner the hood.They getting old now and not that easy to find they are out there