Nissan Skyline 92 r32de

shop-per-holic, Nov 12, 3:36am
A good, reliable car driving from hamilton to huntly 5 days a week!Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

andrea_w, Nov 12, 4:05am
R32de !!
lol
Being a 1992, it will be an R32. going by the 'DE' I'm guessing it will be an RB20DE or RB25DE.

They are very reliable engines. they become less reliable when people who have no idea what they're doing with the RB start messing around with them.

Not the most economical engine, but if that's ok with you then the RB shouldn't give too many troubles. Some common problems do arise but they aren't hard to sort out if you have basic mechanical knowledge.

franc123, Nov 12, 4:21am
Unless you've got a particular desire to own a RWD Nissan, I'd wouldn't buy one just for doing that job, you are going to be paying out more in fuel and insurance costs than you need to be.There are more economical and sensible options if you're just after a commuter car, especially if its going to be parked somewhere where you can't see it during the day, these things are always being ripped off by the BR community who thrash and molest them and then start eyeing up yours when they've blown their latest gearbox or diff and need parts cheaply and quickiy.Not recommended.

mugenb20b, Nov 12, 4:56am
Get a '98 Maxima, much nicer car to be in.

mustang-man, Mar 16, 9:18am
Try getting your facts a little straighter. There are a lot of gangs/professional theives taking Skylines/Subaru's etc to strip them and sell the parts. Possibly for drug money, so i've read.

Not everyone who owns a Skyline is a boy racer either, i know a few people with them and they are definately not boy racers.

But you are right with one thing, from what i've heard Skylines are expensive to run and prolly to insure too. A wee Corolla or something would be a better daily driver.