Motorcycle WoF question.

attitudedesignz, Dec 23, 8:15am
On the controls on my bike it has little stickers (factory) for horn, lights and turn. My question is do the switches HAVE to be labled for a WoF!

I want to paint the switch blocks (they're faded & crappy lookin') but worried if WoF inspector doesn't know what switch does what he'll fail it.

Any input!

gammelvind, Dec 23, 8:17am
If that were the case any pre 70's merc would automatically fail.

saxman99, Dec 23, 8:25am
I can't see anything in the VIRM about it, give it a go and if it fails get them to show you the rule.

msigg, Dec 23, 6:09pm
No, no lables needed.

desmodave, Dec 23, 7:02pm
Not all Wof inspecters would know their way around a bike full stop .Stop lights working and good tyres seem to get the most attention . A rough looking poorly maintained bike would get more of a good going over.

happylad3, Dec 23, 9:39pm
But in order to perform a WoF check, you must hold the appropriate license of the vehicle you are inspecting.

Edit: to say so to do a wof on a motorcycle you must hold your 6 license. So you'd technically know what everything does.

attitudedesignz, Dec 23, 10:22pm
Thanks guys, will paint 'em and see how i go.

desmodave, Dec 24, 2:53am
That's like saying if you have a motorcycle license you know how to ride , and we all know that's not true. Lets say the Wof inspector got their license 30 years ago but they haven't even owned a bike for the last 20 years . There has been alot of new innovations on motorcycles over the years with many a button to play with.

kazbanz, Dec 24, 2:56am
AD-- DEFINITELY NOTrequired.

berg, Dec 24, 3:53am
Big ups to VTNZ Paraparaumu today. WOF on bike not due until after new year but had time to kill so thought I would see how long the que was. Plenty of staff, straight in and out 15min later with fresh WOF. Nice.