One headlight

vomo2, Jan 18, 2:14am
Traveling on State Highway 45 last night I was shocked at the amount of cars with only one headlight going. That is so dangerous. A few years ago 7 were killed as a car overtook with what was thought was a motorbike coming towards him. Sadly it was a car with one left headlight working.

mr_lovebug, Jan 18, 2:16am
yes, I see alot of single head lights at night time, seen a few cop cars with only one going (even told the cop driving it the time and he said he had to until the next shift could change the bulb).

smac, Jan 18, 2:16am
That wasn't an issue with the headlight that was out, that was an issue with the overtaking driver.

I've actually driven some vehicles where it's very difficult to tell, including my current, depends a lot on the road.

gunhand, Jan 18, 2:20am
SO, the idiot over taking thought, " oh, it's a motorbike, she'll be right he will move" ? Or did he just not think at all.
This has more to do with road tolls than some things they preach.
He seen a vehicle coming and passed anyway?

robotnik, Jan 18, 2:29am
It is those extra bright Plus 90 or whatever halogen bulbs that a lot of people use nowadays, which don't last as long due to the over-driven filament.

jason18, Jan 18, 2:49am
Spot on. Drivers fault. Not clear. Be it motorbike or car. Don't pass

xs1100, Jan 18, 6:59am
yep and guess what unless someone tells them most wouldn't know because they have a wof which automatically covers you for a year

mojo49, Jan 18, 7:19am
One headlight cars seems to be a way of life North of the Brynderwyns. I lose count of the number I see on my monthly trips to and from Hamilton. Yes it is confusing, but if I can see a headlight coming towards me I make a passing decision based on what I trust to be an accurate 3D assessment of the distance to the headlight, not what type of vehicle it might be. maybe that's one of the reasons I am still here.

xs1100, Jan 18, 7:20am
that's what I mean I do the north island for work travelling and early morning and night you see some real sights and normally late model cars

golfdiver, Jan 18, 8:06am
We can make it home.

gunhand, Jan 18, 8:19am
LOL, with one headlight.
That went through my mind too. And its, we can drive it home.

mrfxit, Jan 18, 6:21pm
Might have been a motorbike AND sidecar unit . ooops ;-(

movnon, Jan 18, 9:51pm
I've seen many cop cars on one headlight but never been in a postion to advise them. Most GOOD drivers would notice headlight beams out on the road, (even cops). I'm on a SH & one headlite out is common (hardly ever see it on trucks which are prolific on this road). Just as bad are incorrectly adjusted headlights & worse if hi powered blue or white halogen (probably incorrectly fitted by dummies).
What happens when the remaining headlight fails? Bad news!

chutneyman, Jan 19, 4:53am
Its the One Headlight Club !

As an ex truck driver driving the North Island its like 1 in 10 cars !

accordb20a, Aug 3, 9:15am
common ones i see are nissans with the left headlight and right spotlight working and thats it.